Sotetsu Grand Fresa Tokyo-Bay Ariake (formerly Hotel Sunroute Ariake) is a large and reasonably priced business hotel in Ariake, which is on the artificial island of Odaiba in Tokyo Bay.
If you’re looking to save some money and don’t mind being all the way down on the island of Odaiba, then this hotel might suit. It’s a standard Japanese business hotel, with rooms slightly larger than most similar hotels in this class.
There is no doubt that the location is a bit inconvenient, but you’re within easy walking distance of two stations (one on the Rinkai Line and one on the Yurikamome Line), so you can be in central Tokyo relatively quickly. The area around the hotel is pretty dead at night, but there are plenty of shops and restaurants in the malls on Odaiba.
To be sure, there are plenty of business hotels in central Tokyo with rates that are comparable to this. But, if they are sold out or you simply want to stay a little bit away from the bustle of the city, this hotel might suit.
Sotetsu Grand Fresa Tokyo-Bay Ariake (formerly Hotel Sunroute Ariake)
3-6-6 Ariake, Koto-Ku, Tokyo, 135-0063
Budget to Moderate
wifi and LAN cable access
Train: 3-minute walk from Kokusai-tenjijo Station on the Rinkai line.
Train: 3-minute walk from the north exit of Kokusai-tenjijo-seimon Station on the Yurikamome line.
More Tokyo Hotel Picks:
See our Tokyo Hotels page for hand-picked recommendations of Tokyo hotels to suit all budgets and tastes. For a quick overview of the best areas to stay in Tokyo, see our Where To Stay In Tokyo page.
Where Is This Place Located?See this place on the Truly Tokyo Google map:
- Open the Tokyo map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels / Ryokan / Guesthouses | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | GREEN: Shops | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Tokyo Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Tokyo guide
- Check Tokyo accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com – usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Tokyo
- You can buy a Japan SIM card online for collection on arrival at Tokyo Narita or Haneda airports. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare airline flight prices and timings for the best Japan flight deals. Check my guides to arriving at Narita Airport and at Haneda Airport.
- If you're visiting more than one city, you might save money with a Japan Rail Pass – see if it's worth it for you
- A prepaid Suica card makes travelling around Tokyo much easier - here's how
- World Nomads offers simple and flexible travel insurance. Buy at home or while traveling and claim online from anywhere in the world