The Hotel Sunroute Asakusa is a standard business hotel with ultra-low rates and a convenient location.
Just around the corner from the Asakusa tourist district and the main Asakusa subway station (and even closer to Tawaramachi subway station), this standard-issue Japanese business hotel has some of the lowest rates in Asakusa.
Rooms are small, which is normal for business hotels, as are the bathrooms, but they’re comfortable enough for a few nights.
Thus, given the ultra-low rates and the reasonably central location, this is a good budget choice in Asakusa.
Hotel Sunroute Asakusa
1-8-5 Kaminarimon, Taito-ku, Tokyo, 111-0034
wifi and LAN cable access
Subway: 1-minute walk from exit 3 of Tawaramachi Station on the Tokyo Metro Ginza line.
Train: 5-minute walk from the A1 exit of Asakusa Station on the Tsukuba Express line.
Near To Here:
Hotel Sunroute Asakusa is located in Tokyo's Asakusa, Ryogoku and Skytree district. See our complete list of things to do in Tokyo's Asakusa, Ryogoku and Skytree district, including places to eat, nightlife and places to stay.
More Tokyo Hotel Picks:
See our Tokyo Hotels page for hand-picked recommendations of Tokyo hotels to suit all budgets and tastes. For a quick overview of the best areas to stay in Tokyo, see our Where To Stay In Tokyo page.
Where Is This Place Located?See this place on the Truly Tokyo Google map:
- Open the Tokyo map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels / Ryokan / Guesthouses | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | GREEN: Shops | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Tokyo Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Tokyo guide
- Check Tokyo accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com – usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Tokyo
- You can buy a Japan SIM card online for collection on arrival at Tokyo Narita or Haneda airports. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare airline flight prices and timings for the best Japan flight deals.
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with a Japan Rail Pass – here's why it's worth it
- A prepaid Suica card makes travelling around Tokyo much easier - here's how
- Get essential travel insurance for Tokyo – World Nomads is well-regarded (and here's why)