Located in East Shinjuku, directly next to a subway station, the Sotetsu Fresa Inn Higashi Shinjuku (formerly Hotel Sunroute Higashi Shinjuku) is an excellent value and well-run business hotel.
If you’re looking for a great business hotel in a convenient location with very reasonable rates, the Sotetsu Fresa Inn Higashi Shinjuku is a great choice. The Sunroute chain is one of Japan’s best and most reliable hotel chains and this is no exception.
It’s located a relatively long walk from Shinjuku Station in East Shinjuku, but it’s directly next to Higashi-Shinjuku Station, which is on the Toei Oedo Line, which will get you to Shinjuku station in a minute and to many other parts of the city very quickly. There are some restaurants and convenience stores nearby, and the hotel also has two on-site restaurants.
Rooms are average size for business hotels, which means small by Western standards, but they are clean and kitted out with everything you need. The hotel also has coin laundry machines, which are very handy.
Given the convenient location and the extremely competitive rates, this is a great choice for those seeking a hotel in the budget or moderate hotel bracket.
Sotetsu Fresa Inn Higashi Shinjuku (formerly Hotel Sunroute Higashi Shinjuku)
7-27-9 Shinjuku, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo, 160-0022
Budget to Moderate
:: Check availability and pricing for the Sotetsu Fresa Inn Higashi Shinjuku on Booking.com or Agoda.com.
wifi and LAN cable access
Subway: Next to exit B2 of Higashi-shinjuku Station on the Tokyo Metro Fukutoshin line, and Toei Oedo line.
Near To Here:
Sotetsu Fresa Inn Higashi Shinjuku is located in Tokyo's Shinjuku district. See our complete list of things to do in Shinjuku, including places to eat, nightlife and places to stay.
More Tokyo Hotel Picks:
See our Tokyo Hotels page for hand-picked recommendations of Tokyo hotels to suit all budgets and tastes. For a quick overview of the best areas to stay in Tokyo, see our Where To Stay In Tokyo page.
Where Is This Place Located?See this place on the Truly Tokyo Google map:
- Open the Tokyo map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels / Ryokan / Guesthouses | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | GREEN: Shops | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Tokyo Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Tokyo guide
- Check Tokyo accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com – usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Tokyo
- You can buy a Japan SIM card online for collection on arrival at Tokyo Narita or Haneda airports. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare airline flight prices and timings for the best Japan flight deals.
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with a Japan Rail Pass – here's why it's worth it
- A prepaid Suica card makes travelling around Tokyo much easier - here's how
- World Nomads offers simple and flexible travel insurance. Buy at home or while traveling and claim online from anywhere in the world