The Villa Fontaine Shiodome-Tokyo offers mid-range hotel rooms at super-reasonable rates in a convenient Shimbashi location. It’s a great deal!
Directly connected to Shiodome subway station and about 5 minutes’ walk from JR Shimbashi Station, the Hotel Villa Fontaine Shiodome-Tokyo is an extremely convenient base from which to explore Tokyo (Shimbashi is only two stops south of Tokyo Station and you could even walk there if you wanted some exercise). Shimbashi is a very popular district for after-work entertainment, so the neighborhood is crammed with cheap and tasty restaurants. And, you can also easily walk to Tsukiji and Ginza from here.
The Villa Fontaine is a slightly upscale business hotel, with small but efficient rooms that are perfectly comfortable for a few days. Room rates include a decent buffet breakfast – nothing special but enough to get you started.
The real attraction here is the rates, which hover on the border between budget and moderate. So, taking the convenient location and reasonable rates into consideration, the Villa Fontaine Shiodome-Tokyo is a great choice for those on a limited budget who want to stay within striking distance of Tokyo Station etc.
Hotel Villa Fontaine Tokyo-Shiodome
1-9-2 Higashi-shimbashi, Minato-ku, Tokyo, 105-0021
Budget to Moderate
wifi and LAN cable access
Subway: Directly connected to Shiodome Station on the Toei Oedo line, and Yurikamome line.
Train: 7-minute walk from the Shiodome exit of Shimbashi Station on the JR Yamanote line.
Where Is This Place Located?See this place on the Truly Tokyo Google map:
- Open the Tokyo map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels / Ryokan / Guesthouses | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | GREEN: Shops | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Tokyo Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Tokyo guide
- Check Tokyo accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com - usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too.
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Tokyo
- You can buy a Japan SIM card online with Klook for collection on arrival at Tokyo Narita or Haneda airports. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router.
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare airline flight prices and timings for the best Japan flight deals.
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with a Japan Rail Pass - here's why it's worth it
- It's essential you have travel insurance for Tokyo - we recommend World Nomads