The Hotel Villa Fontaine Tokyo-Shinjuku is a simple tourist-friendly business hotel with rock-bottom rates in Shinjuku’s Kabukicho district.
About 10 minutes from Shinjuku Station in East Shinjuku’s Kabukicho district (Tokyo’s red-light district), this hotel offers a convenient location (as long as you don’t mind walking through a slightly seedy area to get there).
The rooms are small, the breakfast is basic and the service is simple, but if you’re looking for a bargain, this is one of the cheapest hotels in Shinjuku. It’s not great for families, but for couples and singles who don’t mind the location, it’s a good bargain.
Hotel Villa Fontaine Tokyo-Shinjuku
2-40-9 Kabuki-cho, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo, 160-0021
wifi and LAN cable access
Train: 4-minute walk from the north exit Seibu-Shinjuku Station on the Seibu Shinjuku line.
Subway: 7-minute walk from exit B13 of Shinjuku-nishiguchi Station on the Toei Oedo line.
Train: 10-minute walk from Shin-Okubo Station on the JR Yamanote line.
Where Is This Place Located?See this place on the Truly Tokyo Google map:
- Open the Tokyo map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels / Ryokan / Guesthouses | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | GREEN: Shops | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Tokyo Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Tokyo guide
- Check Tokyo accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com - usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too.
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Tokyo
- You can buy a Japan SIM card online with Klook for collection on arrival at Tokyo Narita or Haneda airports. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router.
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare airline flight prices and timings for the best Japan flight deals.
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with a Japan Rail Pass - here's why it's worth it
- It's essential you have travel insurance for Tokyo - we recommend World Nomads