At Il Figo Ingordo in Roppongi, the handmade pasta dishes are the main draw. Make a reservation or go early - otherwise, you might end up with a long wait at this popular lunch spot.
Il Figo Ingordo - image © Florentyna Leow
Il Figo Ingordo is located down a quiet side street near the National Art Centre, but it doesn’t suffer from lack of foot traffic. In fact, it's especially popular with the lunch crowd, because their set lunches are great value for money. For just JPY1400, you’ll have a choice of 5 handmade pasta dishes, starters, breads, coffee and tea. It’s no surprise that diners also make reservations for lunch - you’ll need one if you don’t want to come early or queue.
At dinner, the food is as good as you’ll find in Italy - perhaps better, at times. Plus, there’s a solid wine list to accompany your meal. Expect to pay at least JPY5000 - JPY7000 per person if you’re drinking. It’s good for a slightly upscale dinner in town.
Il Figo Ingordo isn’t on any top must-eat lists for Tokyo, but it doesn’t really matter. If it’s good Italian food you need, this is one of the places to go.
Il Figo Ingordo
7-19-1 Roppongi, Minato-ku, Tokyo, 116-0032
Subway: 5-minute walk from exit 2 of Roppongi Station on the Tokyo Metro Hibiya line, and Toei Oedo line.
Official website (Japanese)
:: Read customer reviews of Il Figo Ingordo on TripAdvisor.
Near To Here:
Il Figo Ingordo is located in Tokyo's Roppongi and Akasaka district. See our complete list of things to do in Roppongi and Akasaka, including places to eat, nightlife and places to stay.
Tokyo Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Tokyo guide
- Check Tokyo accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com – usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Tokyo
- You can buy a Japan SIM card online with Klook for collection on arrival at Tokyo Narita or Haneda airports. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare airline flight prices and timings for the best Japan flight deals.
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with a Japan Rail Pass – here's why it's worth it
- A prepaid Suica card makes travelling around Tokyo much easier - here's how
- Get esssential travel insurance for Tokyo – World Nomads is well-regarded (and here's why)