The Imperial Hotel Tokyo is a large old-school hotel overlooking beautiful Hibiya Park.
If you’re a fan of classic hotels, you might like the sprawling Imperial Hotel Tokyo. It’s got a relatively convenient location, within walking distance of Ginza and very close to train and subway stations.
The rooms are relatively large here and some have good views over Hibiya Park and the Imperial Palace. And, there are several on-site restaurants, and a gym and pool (which unfortunately cost an extra fee).
The hotel is getting a little out of date and needs to be refurbished. But, if you somehow get a good deal here, it’s worth a try.
Imperial Hotel Tokyo
1-1-1 Uchisaiwai-cho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, 100-8558
Moderate to Expensive
wifi and LAN cable access
Subway: 2-minute walk from exit A13 of Hibiya Station on the Tokyo Metro Hibiya and Chiyoda lines, and Toei Mita line.
Train: 5-minute walk from the Hibiya exit of Yurakucho Station on the JR Yamanote line.
Where Is This Place Located?See this place on the Truly Tokyo Google map:
- Open the Tokyo map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels / Ryokan / Guesthouses | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | GREEN: Shops | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Tokyo Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Tokyo guide
- Check Tokyo accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com - usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too.
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Tokyo
- You can buy a Japan SIM card online with Klook for collection on arrival at Tokyo Narita or Haneda airports. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router.
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare airline flight prices and timings for the best Japan flight deals.
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with a Japan Rail Pass - here's why it's worth it
- It's essential you have travel insurance for Tokyo - we recommend World Nomads