Located in Akasaka, the InterContinental ANA Tokyo is a large and long-standing hotel that offers some of the cheapest luxury hotel room rates in the city.
Akasaka is not the most convenient location in Tokyo. It’s an upscale neighborhood of embassies and high-end apartments, but it’s not really a nightlife or shopping district. If you stay here, you’re going to have to take a taxi or subway for most of your exploration and dining.
Because of the location, this hotel offers some extremely reasonable rates. Indeed, you won’t find many hotels that offer rooms of this size and full hotel facilities for these rates. And, because the hotel is in a relatively high building, there are good views from many of the rooms.
All in all, the InterContinental is a pretty good value and is recommended if you don’t mind staying a bit away from the bustling centers of Tokyo.
ANA InterContinental Tokyo
1-12-33 Akasaka, Minato-ku, Tokyo, 107-0052
Moderate to Expensive
wifi and LAN cable access
Subway: 1-minute walk from exit 13 of Tameike-sanno Station on the Tokyo Metro Ginza and Namboku lines.
Near To Here:
ANA InterContinental Tokyo is located in Tokyo's Roppongi and Akasaka district. See our complete list of things to do in Roppongi and Akasaka, including places to eat, nightlife and places to stay.
Where Is This Place Located?See this place on the Truly Tokyo Google map:
- Open the Tokyo map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels / Ryokan / Guesthouses | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | GREEN: Shops | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Tokyo Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Tokyo guide
- Check Tokyo accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com - usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too.
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Tokyo
- You can buy a Japan SIM card online with Klook for collection on arrival at Tokyo Narita or Haneda airports. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router.
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare airline flight prices and timings for the best Japan flight deals.
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with a Japan Rail Pass - here's why it's worth it
- A prepaid Suica card makes travelling around Tokyo much easier - here's how.
- It's essential you have travel insurance for Tokyo - we recommend World Nomads