Down an unassuming, quiet street in Ginza is some of the best pizza Tokyo has to offer. Die-hard pizza fans will love Isola blu’s crispy, chewy, wood-fired pizza.
Isola blu - image © Florentyna Leow
Japanese food is all very well and good, but sometimes we’re hit by a craving for pizza. When that craving strikes, it’s a place like Isola blu that has us hopping on the subway to Ginza.
Tokyo has some superb pizza parlours, and Isola blu is up there with the best of them. A good pizza is all about the crust, and it is delightfully crispy and chewy in equal measure, oven-blistered, and sprinkled with just enough salt to keep you eating and gulping down the wine. The toppings are just as memorable: the tomato sauces, cheese, and other toppings are all freshly made and utterly delicious.
Besides pizza, there’s also a good selection of antipasti, pasta, and gnocchi available. The antipasti are definitely worth ordering: it’s hard to go wrong with sharing plates of Prosciutto, sautéed mussels, deep-fried sardines, or even cabbage salad with cumin. But we suggest skipping the pasta and gnocchi. After all, you’ll need the stomach space for pizza.
For more Tokyo pizza choices, see our Best Pizza in Tokyo page.
1-13-8 Ginza, Chuo-ku, Tokyo, 104-0061
Monday-Friday: 11:30am-2:30pm, 5:30pm-11pm
Sunday and national holidays: 11:30am-9:30pm
Subway: 3-minute walk from exit 10 of Ginza-itchome Station on the Tokyo Metro Yurakucho line.
Official website (Japanese)
:: Read customer reviews of Isola blu on TripAdvisor.
Tokyo Restaurants Reservation Service:
You can reserve tables hassle-free at over 300 Tokyo restaurants with Voyagin's Tokyo Restaurant Reservation service.
Tokyo Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Tokyo guide
- Check Tokyo accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com – usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Tokyo
- You can buy a Japan SIM card online with Klook for collection on arrival at Tokyo Narita or Haneda airports. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare airline flight prices and timings for the best Japan flight deals.
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with a Japan Rail Pass – here's why it's worth it
- A prepaid Suica card makes travelling around Tokyo much easier - here's how
- Get esssential travel insurance for Tokyo – World Nomads is well-regarded (and here's why)