If you’re looking for a cheap and decent business hotel not far from Tokyo Station, this basic hotel in Kanda is worth a look.
About 5 minutes walk west of Kanda Station, this hotel has a pretty convenient location. Kanda Station is only one stop north of Tokyo Station and it’s on the all-important JR Yamanote Line (the Tokyo loop line). The area around Kanda Station is packed with shops, bars and restaurants (this is a salaryman area), so it’s a convenient place to be based.
The hotel is a slightly old-school Japanese business hotel. There’s a simple restaurant, but don’t expect much in terms of facilities. What you get is a basic, simple, clean, small room that is perfectly adequate for a short stay in Tokyo.
Given the convenient location and economical rates, this is a good choice for travelers who are just looking for a decent place to sleep on a tight budget.
Kanda Grand Central Hotel
2-2 Kandatsukasa-machi, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, 101-0048
wifi and LAN cable access
Train: 3-minute walk from the north exit of Kanda Station on the JR Yamanote line.
Subway: 4-minute walk from exit A2 of Awajicho Station on the Tokyo Metro Marunouchi line, and Ogawamachi Station on the Toei Shinjuku line.
Near To Here:
Kanda Grand Central Hotel is located in Tokyo's Akihabara, Kanda and Jimbocho district. See our complete list of things to do in Tokyo's Akihabara, Kanda and Jimbocho district, including places to eat, nightlife and places to stay.
Where Is This Place Located?See this place on the Truly Tokyo Google map:
- Open the Tokyo map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels / Ryokan / Guesthouses | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | GREEN: Shops | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Tokyo Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Tokyo guide
- Check Tokyo accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com - usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too.
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Tokyo
- You can buy a Japan SIM card online with Klook for collection on arrival at Tokyo Narita or Haneda airports. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router.
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare airline flight prices and timings for the best Japan flight deals.
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with a Japan Rail Pass - here's why it's worth it
- A prepaid Suica card makes travelling around Tokyo much easier - here's how.
- It's essential you have travel insurance for Tokyo - we recommend World Nomads