Located just steps from Shinagawa Station, the Keikyu EX offers basic business hotel rooms at rates that almost place it in the budget category.
If you’re looking for a mid-range hotel but want to save some serious cash, the Keikyu EX Inn Shinagawa Ekimae is a good choice. One reason for the cheap rates is the hotel’s location in Shinagawa. Shinagawa is a bit away from the main centers of Tokyo, but it’s on the JR Yamanote Line, which will get you to Tokyo Station and Shinjuku or Shibuya in a matter of minutes. And, Shinagawa is also the terminal for the Keikyu Line, which allows fast and convenient connections to Haneda Airport. Best of all, because it’s such an important station, Shinagawa is crammed with all kinds of restaurants and quite a few shops.
The rooms in the hotel are standard size for business hotels and fairly basic, but they’re perfectly adequate for a few nights upon arriving or leaving Tokyo.
All in all, the Keikyu EX Inn Shinagawa Ekimae is one of Tokyo’s best lower mid-range values.
Keikyu EX Inn Shinagawa-Station
Shinagawa Goos, 3-13-3 Takanawa, Minato-ku, Tokyo, 108-0074
〒108-0074 東京都港区高輪3-13-3 シナガワグース
Budget to Moderate
wifi and LAN cable access
Train: 3-minute walk from the Takanawa exit of Shinagawa Station on the JR Yamanote line, and Keikyu Main line.
Where Is This Place Located?See this place on the Truly Tokyo Google map:
- Open the Tokyo map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels / Ryokan / Guesthouses | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | GREEN: Shops | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Tokyo Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Tokyo guide
- Check Tokyo accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com - usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too.
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Tokyo
- You can buy a Japan SIM card online with Klook for collection on arrival at Tokyo Narita or Haneda airports. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router.
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare airline flight prices and timings for the best Japan flight deals.
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with a Japan Rail Pass - here's why it's worth it
- It's essential you have travel insurance for Tokyo - we recommend World Nomads