Down near Tokyo Bay in Toyosu (home of the new fish market), Kidzania Tokyo is a work-themed entertainment complex where kids can try “working” in various professions.
KidZania Tokyo: nakashi
We know: the idea of a “work-themed” entertainment complex sounds oxymoronic: Why would anyone want to work for fun?! However, this place is cooler than it sounds. It’s a mini-world where kids can try their hands at all sorts of professions in a fun and engaging way.
It can sometimes be a little tricky to figure out the system and how to get your kids into each activity, but kids definitely love the place. We recommend buying tickets in advance from the website (see below).
3F North Port, Urban Dock LaLaport Toyosu, 2-4-9 Toyosu, Koto-ku, Tokyo, 135-8614
〒135-8614 東京都江東区豊洲2-4-9 アーバンドック ららぽーと豊洲 ノースポート3F
1st shift: 9am-3pm
2nd shift: 4pm-9pm
Admission (weekday 1st shift):
Preschool (3 years old and over): JPY3,550
Primary School students: JPY3,950
Junior high school students: JPY4,050
Adults (16 years old and over): JPY1,950
Seniors (60 years old and over): JPY950
Subway: 6 min walk from exit 2 of Toyosu Station on the Tokyo Metro Yurakucho line.
Train: 8 min walk from the north exit of Toyosu Station on the Yurikamome line.
0570-06-4646 (only from Japan)
Official Website (English)
Tokyo Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Tokyo guide
- Check Tokyo accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com – usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Tokyo
- You can buy a Japan SIM card online for collection on arrival at Tokyo Narita or Haneda airports. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare airline flight prices and timings for the best Japan flight deals.
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with a Japan Rail Pass – here's why it's worth it
- A prepaid Suica card makes travelling around Tokyo much easier - here's how
- Get esssential travel insurance for Tokyo – World Nomads is well-regarded (and here's why)