The Kimpton is a reasonably priced and very stylish luxury hotel on the west side of Shinjuku, within walking distance of the convenient Shinjuku Station.
If you’re looking for a luxury hotel with competitive rates well below those of other international luxury brands in the city, take a look at the Kimpton. It’s about 20 minutes’ walk from Shinjuku Station, which gives access to all of Tokyo and many other parts of the area. It’s also one of the city’s main shopping, dining and entertainment hubs.
The rooms at the Kimpton are on the large side, bright and beautifully decorated. The common areas and restaurants are stylish and appealing. There’s also a fitness center for that early morning workout.
Overall, it’s a good value in a good location.
Kimpton Shinjuku Tokyo
3-4-7 Nishishinjuku, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo, 160-0023
Subway: 8-minute walk from exit A4 of Tochomae Station on the Toei Oedo line.
Train: 12-minute walk from the south exit of Shinjuku Station.
Tokyo Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Tokyo guide
- Check Tokyo accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com – usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Tokyo
- You can buy a Japan SIM card online for collection on arrival at Tokyo Narita or Haneda airports. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare airline flight prices and timings for the best Japan flight deals.
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with a Japan Rail Pass – here's why it's worth it
- A prepaid Suica card makes travelling around Tokyo much easier - here's how
- Get esssential travel insurance for Tokyo – World Nomads is well-regarded (and here's why)