Kyokarou Honkan is a Sichuanese restaurant, well-loved by locals for their knife-cut noodles, and you’re unlikely to have any trouble getting a seat here.
Kyokarou Honkan. - image © Florentyna Leow
This 170-seater Sichuanese restaurant is well-loved by locals and visitors alike for their knife-cut noodles, which have a great chewy texture and bite to them. There are plenty of variations on the noodles: tantanmen-style, beef and mustard greens, Sichuanese, even mapo tofu! We also like Kyokarou’s mapo tofu. It’s flavourful and has enough Sichuan pepper to satisfy most diners, though it’s perhaps not quite as good as Chef Chen’s mapo tofu. Check out their fried rice dishes too. We like the signature fried rice, as well as the zhacai pickles and Yangzhou variations. Given the number of seats at Kyokarou, you’re unlikely to have any trouble getting a seat here even if you’re in a large group.
138 Yamashita-cho, Naka-ku, Yokohama-shi, 231-0023
11:30am-9:30pm (Monday-Friday), 11am-9:30pm (Saturday, Sunday and national holidays)
Train: 5-minute walk from exit 2 of Motomachi-Chukagai Station on the Minatomirai line.
Official Website (Japanese)
:: Read customer reviews of Kyokarou Honkan on TripAdvisor.
More Yokohama Restaurant Recommendations:
See all the restaurants we recommend on our Places to Eat in Yokohama page.
Yokohama Travel Guide:
- Yokohama Travel Guide Overview
- Things To Do In Yokohama
- Places To Eat In Yokohama
- Yokohama Itineraries
- Yokohama With Kids
- Yokohama Cherry Blossoms
- Yokohama Fall Foliage
- Yokohama Districts
- Yokohama Ryokan
- Yokohama Hotels
- Yokohama Map
- How To Get To Yokohama
- Getting Around Yokohama
- Best Time To Go To Yokohama
Tokyo Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Tokyo guide
- Check Tokyo accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com – usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Tokyo
- You can buy a Japan SIM card online for collection on arrival at Tokyo Narita or Haneda airports. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare airline flight prices and timings for the best Japan flight deals. Check my guides to arriving at Narita Airport and at Haneda Airport.
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with a Japan Rail Pass – here's why it's worth it
- A prepaid Suica card makes travelling around Tokyo much easier - here's how
- World Nomads offers simple and flexible travel insurance. Buy at home or while traveling and claim online from anywhere in the world