With its fantastic sound system and dance floor, Liquidroom is the live music venue to head to for a fun night out in Ebisu.
Liquidroom - image © Florentyna Leow
Don’t get us wrong: it still has one of the best sound systems in town, with a 900 person-capacity dance floor to match. There are fewer late night events than there used to be, but the focus is now on live music. Liquidroom continues to be well-loved by Tokyoites.
With a mix of smaller bands and major artists both domestic and international on the schedule, Liquidroom is a good place to watch some live music. Check their website to see what’s on. Tickets go quickly, so plan ahead.
3-16-6 Higashi, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo, 150-0011
Varies by event
Varies by event
Train: 3-minute walk from the west exit of Ebisu Station on the JR Yamanote line.
Official website (Japanese)
Tokyo Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Tokyo guide
- Check Tokyo accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com – usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Tokyo
- You can buy a Japan SIM card online with Klook for collection on arrival at Tokyo Narita or Haneda airports. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare airline flight prices and timings for the best Japan flight deals.
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with a Japan Rail Pass – here's why it's worth it
- A prepaid Suica card makes travelling around Tokyo much easier - here's how
- Get esssential travel insurance for Tokyo – World Nomads is well-regarded (and here's why)