With its fantastic sound system and dance floor, Liquidroom is the live music venue to head to for a fun night out in Ebisu.
Liquidroom - image © Florentyna Leow
Once known for its energetic all-night events, Liquidroom’s move from Shinjuku to the distinctly more upscale neighborhood of Ebisu has tamed its offerings somewhat.
Don’t get us wrong: it still has one of the best sound systems in town, with a 900 person-capacity dance floor to match. There are fewer late night events than there used to be, but the focus is now on live music. Liquidroom continues to be well-loved by Tokyoites.
With a mix of smaller bands and major artists both domestic and international on the schedule, Liquidroom is a good place to watch some live music. Check their website to see what’s on. Tickets go quickly, so plan ahead.
3-16-6 Higashi, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo, 150-0011
Varies by event
Varies by event
Train: 3-minute walk from the west exit of Ebisu Station on the JR Yamanote line.
Official website (Japanese)
Near To Here:
Liquidroom is located in Tokyo's Ebisu district. See our complete list of things to do in Ebisu, including places to eat, nightlife and places to stay.
Where Is This Place Located?See this place on the Truly Tokyo Google map:
- Open the Tokyo map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels / Ryokan / Guesthouses | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | GREEN: Shops | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Tokyo Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Tokyo guide
- Check Tokyo accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com – usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Tokyo
- You can buy a Japan SIM card online for collection on arrival at Tokyo Narita or Haneda airports. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare airline flight prices and timings for the best Japan flight deals.
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with a Japan Rail Pass – here's why it's worth it
- A prepaid Suica card makes travelling around Tokyo much easier - here's how
- World Nomads offers simple and flexible travel insurance. Buy at home or while traveling and claim online from anywhere in the world