Manchinro Honten is a memorable, old-guard Cantonese restaurant in Yokohama’s Chinatown with a reasonably-priced lunch of dim sum and dumplings.
Manchinro Honten. - image © Florentyna Leow
Established in 1892 and still going strong, Manchinro Honten is one of the old-guard Cantonese restaurants in Yokohama’s Chinatown. The decor is certainly memorable – you won’t forget their opulent facade or the slightly over-the-top interiors in a hurry! Dim sum and dumplings are the name of the game. Try the crab meat parcels, too. Lunch sets are reasonably priced at around JPY1200, but dinner courses will set you back at least JPY6000. Still, their food has stood the test of time, plus it’s free from additives and preservatives. Don’t expect super fast service; go for a leisurely lunch.
153 Yamashita-cho, Naka-ku, Yokohama-shi, 231-0023
Train: 5-minute walk from exit 2 of Motomachi-Chukagai Station on the Minatomirai line.
:: Read customer reviews of Manchinro Honten on TripAdvisor.
More Yokohama Restaurant Recommendations:
See all the restaurants we recommend on our Places to Eat in Yokohama page.
Yokohama Travel Guide:
- Yokohama Travel Guide Overview
- Things To Do In Yokohama
- Places To Eat In Yokohama
- Yokohama Itineraries
- Yokohama With Kids
- Yokohama Cherry Blossoms
- Yokohama Fall Foliage
- Yokohama Districts
- Yokohama Ryokan
- Yokohama Hotels
- Yokohama Map
- How To Get To Yokohama
- Getting Around Yokohama
- Best Time To Go To Yokohama
Tokyo Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Tokyo guide
- Check Tokyo accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com – usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Tokyo
- You can buy a Japan SIM card online for collection on arrival at Tokyo Narita or Haneda airports. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare airline flight prices and timings for the best Japan flight deals. Check my guides to arriving at Narita Airport and at Haneda Airport.
- If you're visiting more than one city, you might save money with a Japan Rail Pass – see if it's worth it for you
- A prepaid Suica card makes travelling around Tokyo much easier - here's how
- World Nomads offers simple and flexible travel insurance. Buy at home or while traveling and claim online from anywhere in the world