Mawashizushi Katsu in the Yokohama Sky Building serves tasty, affordable conveyor-belt sushi – fun for adults and kids alike, with vegetarian options too.
What visitor to Japan could fail to be charmed by the concept of conveyor belt sushi? Head to the 11th floor of the Yokohama Sky Building for Mawashizushi Katsu, where the sushi is tasty and – most importantly – affordable. It’s great fun for adults and kids alike. If you’re not partial to revolving plates of sushi, you can order them freshly-made from conventional or iPad menus, both of which have English-language options. Vegetarians have the option of corn, pickled radish, cucumber, and avocado toppings for their rolls. Katsu’s “golden sushi” is also tasty if a little gimmicky and over-the-top – it’s rice topped with medium fatty tuna, sea urchin, ikura, chopped tuna, and a sprinkle of gold leaf.
回し寿司 活 横浜スカイビル店
11F Sky bldg., 2-19-12 Takashima, Nishi-ku, Yokohama-shi, 220-0011
〒220-0011 横浜市西区高島2-19-12 スカイビル11F
Train and subway: 3-minute walk from the east exit of Yokohama Station.
:: Read customer reviews of Mawashizushi Katsu on TripAdvisor.
More Yokohama Restaurant Recommendations:
See all the restaurants we recommend on our Places to Eat in Yokohama page.
Yokohama Travel Guide:
- Yokohama Travel Guide Overview
- Things To Do In Yokohama
- Places To Eat In Yokohama
- Yokohama Itineraries
- Yokohama With Kids
- Yokohama Cherry Blossoms
- Yokohama Fall Foliage
- Yokohama Districts
- Yokohama Ryokan
- Yokohama Hotels
- Yokohama Map
- How To Get To Yokohama
- Getting Around Yokohama
- Best Time To Go To Yokohama
Tokyo Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Tokyo guide
- Check Tokyo accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com – usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Tokyo
- You can buy a Japan SIM card online for collection on arrival at Tokyo Narita or Haneda airports. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare airline flight prices and timings for the best Japan flight deals. Check my guides to arriving at Narita Airport and at Haneda Airport.
- If you're visiting more than one city, you might save money with a Japan Rail Pass – see if it's worth it for you
- A prepaid Suica card makes travelling around Tokyo much easier - here's how
- World Nomads offers simple and flexible travel insurance. Buy at home or while traveling and claim online from anywhere in the world