Men-ya Iraka specialises in tsukemen, or ramen noodles with a dipping broth on the side. One slurp and you’ll be hooked. It’s budget-friendly too.
Men-ya Iraka. - image © Florentyna Leow
Noodle lovers passing through the Minato Mirai area should make a beeline for Men-ya Iraka. Popular with office workers, Iraka specialises in tsukemen, or ramen noodles with a dipping broth on the side. The noodles are a joy to slurp – straight and thick, with a beautiful chew and bounce to them – while the accompanying dipping broth packs a punch with equal amounts of pork and soy flavour. Stir in some garlic for extra oomph. There’s a nod to getting your veg with the mound of bean sprouts on top, but it’s really all about that noodle mountain here. One slurp and you’ll be hooked. It’s a budget-friendly, voluminous lunch that won’t set you back more than JPY1000. Dainty eaters need not apply.
3F Minatomirai Center bldg., 3-6-1 Minatomirai, Nishi-ku, Yokohama-shi, 220-0012
〒220-0012 横浜市西区みなとみらい3-6-1 みなとみらいセンタービル3F
11am-10pm (Monday-Friday), 11am-9pm (Saturday), 11am-4pm (national holidays).
Train: Directly connected to exit 4 of Minatomirai Station on the Minatomirai line.
Official Twitter Page (Japanese)
More Yokohama Restaurant Recommendations:
See all the restaurants we recommend on our Places to Eat in Yokohama page.
Yokohama Restaurants Reservation Service:
You can reserve tables hassle-free at Yokohama restaurants with Voyagin's Yokohama Restaurant Reservation service.
Yokohama Travel Guide:
- Yokohama Travel Guide Overview
- Things To Do In Yokohama
- Places To Eat In Yokohama
- Yokohama Itineraries
- Yokohama With Kids
- Yokohama Cherry Blossoms
- Yokohama Fall Foliage
- Yokohama Districts
- Yokohama Ryokan
- Yokohama Hotels
- Yokohama Map
- How To Get To Yokohama
- Getting Around Yokohama
- Best Time To Go To Yokohama
Tokyo Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Tokyo guide
- Check Tokyo accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com – usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Tokyo
- You can buy a Japan SIM card online with Klook for collection on arrival at Tokyo Narita or Haneda airports. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare airline flight prices and timings for the best Japan flight deals.
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with a Japan Rail Pass – here's why it's worth it
- A prepaid Suica card makes travelling around Tokyo much easier - here's how
- Get esssential travel insurance for Tokyo – World Nomads is well-regarded (and here's why)