Nestled in the heart of Tokyo, the Mimaru Suites Tokyo Nihombashi is a modern apartment-style hotel with spacious suites perfect for families of four to six members. Opened in early 2023, the hotel is one of the latest iterations from the family-friendly Mimaru chain.
The hotel stands out for its spacious suites, a rare feature in a city known for small hotel rooms. All units have two bedrooms, a simple kitchen and fridge, a living area, washer/dryer facilities, and two bathrooms, so guests can enjoy a balance of privacy and shared spaces. They’re perfect for longer stays, but even if you’re there just for the night, you’ll appreciate the design and features of these smart “apartments.”
Two-bedroom family suite
The hotel is very near Ningyocho Station in the Nihombashi district of Tokyo. It’s a 20-minute walk from Tokyo Station or a six-minute taxi ride. Ningyocho Station is on both the Hibiya and Asakusa subway lines, which grant you easy access to all parts of Tokyo. It’s also quite convenient to both Haneda and Narita airports.
The neighborhood is packed with restaurants, including a branch of Ramen Usagi, which is one of our favorite ramen joints in the city. And for late night snacks and early morning onigiri, there’s a Family Mart convenience store just steps away.
The hotel's friendly and helpful staff are fluent in English, ensuring you feel at ease during your stay. You can borrow all kinds of useful appliances and equipment from the front desk, as well as various Japanese decorations to add a personal touch to your digs. And, there’s a nice selection of carefully curated Japanese crafts and artwork on sale (perfect for last-minute souvenir shopping).
As noted above: All units have two bedrooms. One type features a large four-person bunk bed in one of the bedrooms, and two single beds in the other. This makes it perfect for families of up to six people. The other type features two single beds in each of the bedrooms, which makes it great for two couples traveling together, families with older kids, and friend groups.
Bathroom and washing machine
All in all, the Mimaru Suites Tokyo Nihombashi is a great choice for those looking for a relatively central location, apartment-style amenities and plenty of space for families and small groups.
Name in English:
Mimaru Suites Tokyo Nihombashi
Name in Japanese:
MIMARU SUITES 東京日本橋
2-10-9 Nihombashihoridomecho, Chuo-ku, Tokyo-to 103-0012
Price: mid-range to luxury
Internet: wifi access
Non-smoking rooms: Yes
Two-minute walk from Ningyocho Station on the Asakusa and Hibiya subway lines
Official site: (English)
Tokyo Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Tokyo guide
- Check Tokyo accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com – usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Tokyo
- You can buy a Japan SIM card online for collection on arrival at Tokyo Narita or Haneda airports. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare airline flight prices and timings for the best Japan flight deals. Check my guides to arriving at Narita Airport and at Haneda Airport.
- If you're visiting more than one city, you might save money with a Japan Rail Pass – see if it's worth it for you
- A prepaid Suica card makes travelling around Tokyo much easier - here's how
- World Nomads offers simple and flexible travel insurance. Buy at home or while traveling and claim online from anywhere in the world