The Mitsui Garden Hotel Ueno has the best location of any hotel in Ueno. It’s a smart and relatively comfortable business hotel with reasonable moderate rates.
The hotel is located directly across the street from JR Ueno Station (on the loop line), and very close to Keisei Ueno Station (for easy access to/from Narita). It’s also very close to Ueno Park and Ameya Yokocho Arcade. So, location-wise, it’s the winner among Ueno hotels.
The hotel is an upscale business hotel, with small but comfortable and well-outfitted rooms. There’s a decent Italian restaurant on the premises where you can eat breakfast and other meals. And, of course, there are tons of shops and restaurants nearby.
There are coin washers and dryers here, which is convenient for longer trips.
Overall, given the great location, comfortable rooms and the reasonable rates, this is the best hotel in the moderate class in Ueno. It’s recommended.
Mitsui Garden Hotel Ueno
3-19-7 Higashi-ueno, Taito-ku, Tokyo, 110-0015
wifi and LAN cable access
Train: 2-minute walk from the Asakusa exit of Ueno Station.
More Tokyo Hotel Picks:
See our Tokyo Hotels page for hand-picked recommendations of Tokyo hotels to suit all budgets and tastes. For a quick overview of the best areas to stay in Tokyo, see our Where To Stay In Tokyo page.
Where Is This Place Located?See this place on the Truly Tokyo Google map:
- Open the Tokyo map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels / Ryokan / Guesthouses | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | GREEN: Shops | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Tokyo Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Tokyo guide
- Check Tokyo accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com - usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too.
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Tokyo
- You can buy a Japan SIM card online with Klook for collection on arrival at Tokyo Narita or Haneda airports. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router.
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare airline flight prices and timings for the best Japan flight deals.
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with a Japan Rail Pass - here's why it's worth it
- A prepaid Suica card makes travelling around Tokyo much easier - here's how.
- It's essential you have travel insurance for Tokyo - we recommend World Nomads