Sukiyaki is Japanese beef cooked with vegetables in a sweet-salty soy sauce, served with raw egg for dipping, and few serve it better than Ningyocho Imahan.
Ningyocho Imahan. - image © Florentyna Leow
Sukiyaki is a real crowd-pleaser of a dish – Japanese beef cooked with vegetables in a sweet-salty soy sauce, served with raw egg for dipping. There are few better restaurants for sukiyaki than Ningyocho Imahan. They might be a chain, but the wagyu beef in their sukiyaki is second to none! The Yokohama Takashimaya branch is as good as any of their other outlets, and marks for a great break between shopping and running around the city. Don’t forget to save some room for the gorgeous egg rice at the end of the meal, which they’ll cook in front of you. Those feeling fancy should splash out on the “high quality beef” – it’ll be a sukiyaki experience to remember.
人形町 今半 横浜高島屋店
8F Yokohama Takashimaya, 1-6-31 Minami-saiwai, Nishi-ku, Yokohama-shi, 220-8601
Japanese address: 〒220-8601 横浜市西区南幸1-6-31 横浜高島屋8F
Train and subway: Directly connected to Yokohama Station.
Official Website (Japanese)
:: Read customer reviews of Ningyocho Imahan on TripAdvisor.
More Yokohama Restaurant Recommendations:
See all the restaurants we recommend on our Places to Eat in Yokohama page.
Yokohama Travel Guide:
- Yokohama Travel Guide Overview
- Things To Do In Yokohama
- Places To Eat In Yokohama
- Yokohama Itineraries
- Yokohama With Kids
- Yokohama Cherry Blossoms
- Yokohama Fall Foliage
- Yokohama Districts
- Yokohama Ryokan
- Yokohama Hotels
- Yokohama Map
- How To Get To Yokohama
- Getting Around Yokohama
- Best Time To Go To Yokohama
Tokyo Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Tokyo guide
- Check Tokyo accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com – usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Tokyo
- You can buy a Japan SIM card online for collection on arrival at Tokyo Narita or Haneda airports. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare airline flight prices and timings for the best Japan flight deals.
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with a Japan Rail Pass – here's why it's worth it
- A prepaid Suica card makes travelling around Tokyo much easier - here's how
- Get essential travel insurance for Tokyo – World Nomads is well-regarded (and here's why)