Less than five minutes’ walk from Ueno Station, this smart new business hotel is an excellent hotel with larger-than-average rooms, great service and super-convenient access to Narita Airport.
If you want to get off the Keisei Skyliner from Narita and walk to your hotel, this place will definitely fit the bill. It’s a moderately-priced business hotel, but has style and features that you’d expect in more expensive hotels.
The first thing you’ll notice is that lobby and restaurant are smartly decorated and welcoming. The next thing you’ll notice is that your room is significantly larger than you’d expect for a business hotel. And in the bathroom, the rainforest shower will pleasantly work the travel kinks out of your neck and back. And, if you’ve got the energy, you can do a workout in the small gym (a feature unheard of in most business hotels). And, when you’re ready to sleep, you’ll notice the firm and comfortable mattresses.
All told, the Nohga Hotel is a great choice for those who want easy access to Narita and the sights of northeast Tokyo (Ueno, Asakusa, Ryogoku, Sky Tree etc).
2-21-10 Higashi-ueno, Taito-ku, Tokyo, 110-0015
Budget to Moderate
:: Check availability and pricing for the Nohga Hotel on Booking.com or Agoda.com.
free wifi access
Train: 5-minute walk from the Asakusa exit of Ueno Station.
Official website (English)
Near To Here:
Nohga Hotel is located in Tokyo's Ueno district. See our complete list of things to do in Tokyo's Ueno district, including places to eat, nightlife and places to stay.
More Tokyo Hotel Picks:
See our Tokyo Hotels page for hand-picked recommendations of Tokyo hotels to suit all budgets and tastes. For a quick overview of the best areas to stay in Tokyo, see our Where To Stay In Tokyo page.
Where Is This Place Located?See this place on the Truly Tokyo Google map:
- Open the Tokyo map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels / Ryokan / Guesthouses | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | GREEN: Shops | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Tokyo Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Tokyo guide
- Check Tokyo accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com – usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Tokyo
- You can buy a Japan SIM card online for collection on arrival at Tokyo Narita or Haneda airports. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare airline flight prices and timings for the best Japan flight deals.
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with a Japan Rail Pass – here's why it's worth it
- A prepaid Suica card makes travelling around Tokyo much easier - here's how
- World Nomads offers simple and flexible travel insurance. Buy at home or while traveling and claim online from anywhere in the world