Located in Shiodome, the Park Hotel Tokyo is a solid mid-range hotel with art-themed rooms and great views from some of the rooms.
With prices at the upper end of the moderate range, this stylish hotel is within walking distance of JR Shimbashi Station and Shiodome subway station. You can easily walk to Ginza and Tsukiji from the hotel. There’s not too much in terms of dining, entertainment or shopping near the hotel, but nothing is more than a short train or subway ride away.
The hotel is located on the upper floors of a tall building in Shiodome, and some of the rooms have great views of Tokyo Tower, which is beautifully illuminated at night. Each room has been decorated by a different Japanese artist, and some of them are stunning.
Given the views and the relatively convenient location, this is a pretty good value for those who don’t demand to stay in one of Tokyo’s more happening areas.
Park Hotel Tokyo
Shiodome Media Tower, 1-7-1 Higashi-shimbashi, Minato-ku, Tokyo, 105-7227
〒105-7227 東京都港区東新橋1-7-1 汐留メディアタワー
Moderate to Expensive
wifi and LAN cable access
Subway: Directly connected to exit 7 of Shiodome Station on the Toei Oedo line, and Yurikamome line.
Train: 7-minute walk from the Shiodome exit of Shimbashi Station on the JR Yamanote line.
Where Is This Place Located?See this place on the Truly Tokyo Google map:
- Open the Tokyo map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels / Ryokan / Guesthouses | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | GREEN: Shops | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Tokyo Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Tokyo guide
- Check Tokyo accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com - usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too.
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Tokyo
- You can buy a Japan SIM card online with Klook for collection on arrival at Tokyo Narita or Haneda airports. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router.
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare airline flight prices and timings for the best Japan flight deals.
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with a Japan Rail Pass - here's why it's worth it
- It's essential you have travel insurance for Tokyo - we recommend World Nomads