Located just steps from Akihabara Station, the Remm Akihabara is a great value in the moderate price range – and it’s got in-room massage chairs!
The Remm Akihabara is a slick new hotel in a tower right next to Akihabara Station. The location is great, not just because of the proximity to the station (which is on the all-important loop line) but because Akihabara has tons of great shops and inexpensive places to eat. And, you’re just a few stops away from Tokyo Station and Ueno. It’s really a great location.
The hotel opened recently and it’s still new and fresh. Rooms are typically small, which you expect in Tokyo, but they’re got everything you need, including massage chairs! They’re very nice after a day tramping around the city. The bathrooms have only showers (no bath tubs), but otherwise, they’re great. They even have “rain showers” in addition to normal shower heads.
There’s a decent on-site restaurant. And the staff try really hard to please here.
The rates here are at the lower end of the moderate bracket. Thus, considering the great location, comfortable rooms and the ultra-reasonable rates, this is one of the best mid-range hotel values in Tokyo. It’s recommended.
Remm Akihabara Hotel
1-6-5 Kandasakuma-cho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, 101-0025
wifi and LAN cable access
Train: Directly connected to the central exit of Akihabara Station on the JR Yamanote line.
Near To Here:
Remm Akihabara Hotel is located in Tokyo's Akihabara, Kanda and Jimbocho district. See our complete list of things to do in Tokyo's Akihabara, Kanda and Jimbocho district, including places to eat, nightlife and places to stay.
More Tokyo Hotel Picks:
See our Tokyo Hotels page for hand-picked recommendations of Tokyo hotels to suit all budgets and tastes. For a quick overview of the best areas to stay in Tokyo, see our Where To Stay In Tokyo page.
Where Is This Place Located?See this place on the Truly Tokyo Google map:
- Open the Tokyo map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels / Ryokan / Guesthouses | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | GREEN: Shops | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Tokyo Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Tokyo guide
- Check Tokyo accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com – usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Tokyo
- You can buy a Japan SIM card online for collection on arrival at Tokyo Narita or Haneda airports. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare airline flight prices and timings for the best Japan flight deals.
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with a Japan Rail Pass – here's why it's worth it
- A prepaid Suica card makes travelling around Tokyo much easier - here's how
- Get essential travel insurance for Tokyo – World Nomads is well-regarded (and here's why)