The Richmond Hotel is a great business hotel right in the heart of Asakusa. It’s one of the best deals in this part of the city.
If you want to stay in the heart of historic Asakusa, you can’t do better than this hotel. It’s just steps from Senso-ji Temple and all the other sights of Asakusa.
The hotel itself is relatively new and stylish, with small but well-arranged rooms that have everything you need.
The staff is efficient and tries very hard to please. There’s a good on-site restaurant where you can eat a nutritious Japanese breakfast.
Given the rates (which sometimes dip into the budget range) and the great location, this is one of the best deals in Asakusa. It’s recommended.
Richmond Hotel Asakusa
2-7-10 Asakusa, Taito-ku, Tokyo, 111-0032
Budget to Moderate
wifi and LAN cable access
Train: 3-minute walk from exit A1 of Asakusa Station on the Tsukuba Express line.
Subway: 8-minute walk from exit 1 of Asakusa Station on the Tokyo Metro Ginza line, and Toei Asakusa line.
Train: 9-minute walk from the main exit of Asakusa Station on the Tobu Skytree line.
Where Is This Place Located?See this place on the Truly Tokyo Google map:
- Open the Tokyo map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels / Ryokan / Guesthouses | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | GREEN: Shops | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Tokyo Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Tokyo guide
- Check Tokyo accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com - usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too.
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Tokyo
- You can buy a Japan SIM card online with Klook for collection on arrival at Tokyo Narita or Haneda airports. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router.
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare airline flight prices and timings for the best Japan flight deals.
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with a Japan Rail Pass - here's why it's worth it
- It's essential you have travel insurance for Tokyo - we recommend World Nomads