Within walking distance of central Roppongi, the Roppongi Hotel S is a mid-range boutique hotel with some interesting rooms and competitive rates.
The Roppongi Hotel S is a little west and down the hill from central Roppongi, but it’s within easy walking distance of most things in Roppongi. It would be a good base for those who want to make a full exploration of the dining and entertainment options of Roppongi.
The hotel bills itself as a boutique hotel and it certainly has more style than most hotels in this price range. Some of the premium rooms are Japanese style and they are very interesting and pleasant.
There are some decent on-site restaurants and bars in case you can’t be bothered to walk up the hill.
The staff and management try hard to please.
The hotel is getting a little worn, but it’s still a good value considering its proximity to Roppongi.
Roppongi Hotel S
1-11-6 Nishi-azabu, Minato-ku, Tokyo, 106-0031
wifi and LAN cable access
Subway: 6-minute walk from exit 2 of Roppongi Station on the Tokyo Metro Hibiya line, and Toei Oedo line.
Near To Here:
Roppongi Hotel S is located in Tokyo's Roppongi and Akasaka district. See our complete list of things to do in Roppongi and Akasaka, including places to eat, nightlife and places to stay.
Where Is This Place Located?See this place on the Truly Tokyo Google map:
- Open the Tokyo map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels / Ryokan / Guesthouses | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | GREEN: Shops | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Tokyo Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Tokyo guide
- Check Tokyo accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com - usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too.
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Tokyo
- You can buy a Japan SIM card online with Klook for collection on arrival at Tokyo Narita or Haneda airports. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router.
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare airline flight prices and timings for the best Japan flight deals.
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with a Japan Rail Pass - here's why it's worth it
- A prepaid Suica card makes travelling around Tokyo much easier - here's how.
- It's essential you have travel insurance for Tokyo - we recommend World Nomads