A short walk from Ueno-koen Park, the Ryokan Katsutaro is a friendly little ryokan that offers traditional rooms at reasonable rates. Rooms here can accommodate up to four people, making it a good choice for families.
Ryokan Katsutaro - image © TrulyTokyo.com
The long-running Ryokan Katsutaro is a pleasant ryokan within easy walking distance of the sights in Ueno and Yanaka. While the building is modern, the rooms are traditional. The management is friendly and helpful and very used to foreign guests. Most rooms have en suite bathrooms. This is a great place to try the ryokan experience in Tokyo.
4-16-8 Ikenohata, Taito-ku
Price:Budget to Moderate
Internet: wifi access and communal PC
Non-smoking rooms: Yes
5min walk from Nezu Station, Tokyo Metro Chiyoda Line
More Tokyo Ryokan Suggestions: see all Tokyo Ryokan we recommend.
Where Are These Places Located?See these places on the Truly Tokyo Google map:
- Open the Tokyo map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels / Ryokan / Guesthouses | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | GREEN: Shops | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Tokyo Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Tokyo guide
- Check Tokyo accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com - usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too.
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Tokyo
- You can buy a Japan SIM card online with Klook for collection on arrival at Tokyo Narita or Haneda airports. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router.
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare airline flight prices and timings for the best Japan flight deals.
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with a Japan Rail Pass - here's why it's worth it
- It's essential you have travel insurance for Tokyo - we recommend World Nomads