The Ryokan Mikawaya is a mid-range ryokan located a stone’s throw from Senso-ji Temple in Asakusa. It’s got spacious Japanese-style rooms which can easily accommodate families.
Ryokan Mikawaya - image © TrulyTokyo.com
If you’re looking for a traditional experience in Tokyo, this mid-budget ryokan is a good choice, especially for families who all want to sleep in the same room. While the building itself is relatively modern, the rooms themselves are ryokan style, with tatami mats and futons. There are en suite bathrooms in the rooms, which is convenient.
1-30-12 Asakusa, Taito-ku
Internet: wifi access
Non-smoking rooms: Yes
2min walk from Asakusa Station, Tokyo Metro Ginza line
:: Check availability and pricing for Ryokan Mikawaya on Booking.com
Tokyo Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Tokyo guide
- Check Tokyo accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com - usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too.
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Tokyo
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare Japan flight prices and timings on Skyscanner
- If you're visiting more than one city, get your Japan Rail Pass
- Get travel insurance for your Japan trip - book online with World Nomads