SAKURA, a specialty shop, is a Japanese tea lover’s dream. You can sip over 20 varieties sourced from all over the country. It's also a dessert paradise.
SAKURA. - image © Florentyna Leow
SAKURA, a tea specialty shop in the Motomachi district of Yokohama, is a Japanese tea lover’s dream. Here, you can sip on over 20 different varieties of tea sourced from tea farms all over the country. Stop by for their signature tofu omurice (omelette rice) lunch set. But if that’s too virtuous and healthy for you, there’s plenty of tea-flavoured dessert options on the menu to make up for the lost calories. Shaved ice drenched with matcha syrup? Creamy matcha lattes? Tall parfaits of matcha ice cream, red bean, chewy mochi balls, and lazy swirls of whipped cream? We’re in dessert paradise here.
SAKURA Japanese Tea Specialty Shop
2-107 Moto-machi, Naka-ku, Yokohama-shi, 231-0861
11am-7pm. Closed Monday.
Train: 5-minute walk from exit 5 of Motomachi-Chukagai Station on the Minatomirai line.
Official Website (Japanese)
:: Read customer reviews of SAKURA Japanese Tea Specialty Shop on TripAdvisor.
More Yokohama Restaurant Recommendations:
See all the restaurants we recommend on our Places to Eat in Yokohama page.
Yokohama Travel Guide:
- Yokohama Travel Guide Overview
- Things To Do In Yokohama
- Places To Eat In Yokohama
- Yokohama Itineraries
- Yokohama With Kids
- Yokohama Cherry Blossoms
- Yokohama Fall Foliage
- Yokohama Districts
- Yokohama Ryokan
- Yokohama Hotels
- Yokohama Map
- How To Get To Yokohama
- Getting Around Yokohama
- Best Time To Go To Yokohama
Tokyo Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Tokyo guide
- Check Tokyo accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com – usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Tokyo
- You can buy a Japan SIM card online for collection on arrival at Tokyo Narita or Haneda airports. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare airline flight prices and timings for the best Japan flight deals.
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with a Japan Rail Pass – here's why it's worth it
- A prepaid Suica card makes travelling around Tokyo much easier - here's how
- Get esssential travel insurance for Tokyo – World Nomads is well-regarded (and here's why)