Santon is a small family-run restaurant tucked away in Chinatown. The food here is flavourful and better than most of the touristy fare in the area.
Santon. - image © Florentyna Leow
Santon is a small family-run restaurant tucked away in an alley in Chinatown. Don’t let the slightly dingy interior put you off – the food here is flavourful and delicious, and yards better than most of the touristy fare in the area. The standout dish here is the “suigyoza” or boiled dumplings, made even better by the accompanying chilli, soy, and coconut dipping sauce. Go with friends and add other dishes to your order to share: salt-and-pepper fried prawns, yellow chives and pork stir-fry, stir-fried clams, wonton noodles, and ginger clam soup. The only problem is making stomach space for all of it.
150 Yamashita-cho, Naka-ku, Yokohama-shi, 231-0023
Train: 5-minute walk from exit 2 of Motomachi-Chukagai Station on the Minatomirai line.
Official Website (Japanese)
:: Read customer reviews of Santon on TripAdvisor.
More Yokohama Restaurant Recommendations:
See all the restaurants we recommend on our Places to Eat in Yokohama page.
Yokohama Travel Guide:
- Yokohama Travel Guide Overview
- Things To Do In Yokohama
- Places To Eat In Yokohama
- Yokohama Itineraries
- Yokohama With Kids
- Yokohama Cherry Blossoms
- Yokohama Fall Foliage
- Yokohama Districts
- Yokohama Ryokan
- Yokohama Hotels
- Yokohama Map
- How To Get To Yokohama
- Getting Around Yokohama
- Best Time To Go To Yokohama
Tokyo Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Tokyo guide
- Check Tokyo accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com – usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Tokyo
- You can buy a Japan SIM card online for collection on arrival at Tokyo Narita or Haneda airports. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare airline flight prices and timings for the best Japan flight deals. Check my guides to arriving at Narita Airport and at Haneda Airport.
- If you're visiting more than one city, you might save money with a Japan Rail Pass – see if it's worth it for you
- A prepaid Suica card makes travelling around Tokyo much easier - here's how
- World Nomads offers simple and flexible travel insurance. Buy at home or while traveling and claim online from anywhere in the world