The Sauna & Capsule Hotel Hokuo is a standard capsule hotel with ultra-low rates just steps from JR Ueno Station.
This male-only capsule hotel is a great way to save some money on lodgings if you’re not picky. It’s a standard Japanese capsule hotel, which means small sleeping chambers (capsules) and a common bath area (sento). There’s also a restaurant.
It’s very close to the main entrance of JR Ueno Station and also Keisei Ueno Station (for easy access to/from Narita).
Sure, it’s not a luxury place, but if you just need some shuteye before getting on a north-bound train, then this will do just fine.
Sauna & Capsule Hotel Hokuo (men-only capsule hotel)
7-2-16 Ueno, Taito-ku, Tokyo, 110-0005
Train: 1-minute walk from the Asakusa exit of Ueno Station.
Where Is This Place Located?See this place on the Truly Tokyo Google map:
- Open the Tokyo map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels / Ryokan / Guesthouses | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | GREEN: Shops | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Tokyo Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Tokyo guide
- Check Tokyo accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com - usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too.
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Tokyo
- You can buy a Japan SIM card online with Klook for collection on arrival at Tokyo Narita or Haneda airports. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router.
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare airline flight prices and timings for the best Japan flight deals.
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with a Japan Rail Pass - here's why it's worth it
- A prepaid Suica card makes travelling around Tokyo much easier - here's how.
- It's essential you have travel insurance for Tokyo - we recommend World Nomads