Directly next to Tokyo Station, on the upper floors of a towering building, the Shangri La Hotel Tokyo is one of the best hotels in Tokyo. This is one hotel that gets everything right.
If you’re looking for a convenient location from which to explore Tokyo (and the rest of Japan) and want all the features of a world-class luxury hotel, it’s hard to beat the Shangri La Tokyo. The experience starts with a personal greeter who will meet you at your train from the airport (upon request) and escort you to the hotel. This can be quite a relief after a long international flight.
The hotel literally towers over Tokyo Station and all rooms, restaurants and bars command wonderful views of Tokyo. Rooms are large by Tokyo standards and have large windows to make the most of the views. You’ll literally feel like king if the world.
The hotel has all the features you’d expect in a hotel of this level, including a spa, gym and pool. There are also some brilliant restaurants. But, most of all, guests speak highly of the personal and warm service.
It’s also worth pointing out that rates here are significantly cheaper than those at some other top luxury hotels in Tokyo, making the Shangri La a very good value indeed.
So, if you’re looking for comfort and a central location, you’ll be hard pressed to do better than the Shangri La.
Shangri La Hotel Tokyo
シャングリ・ラ ホテル 東京
Marunouchi Trust Tower Main, 1-8-3 Marunouchi, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, 100-8283
〒100-8283 東京都千代田区丸の内1-8-3 丸の内トラストタワー本館
wifi and LAN cable access
Train: 1-minute walk from Nihombashi exit of Tokyo Station.
Subway: 2-minute walk from exit B7 of Otemachi Station on the Tokyo Metro Tozai, Hanzomon, Marunouchi and Chiyoda lines, and Toei Mita line.
Subway: 3-minute walk from exit A3 of Nihombashi Station on the Tokyo Metro Tozai and Ginza lines, and Toei Asakusa line.
Near To Here:
Shangri La Hotel Tokyo is located in Tokyo's Toyko Station and Marunouchi area. See our complete list of things to do in Tokyo's Toyko Station and Marunouchi area, including places to eat, nightlife and places to stay.
More Tokyo Hotel Picks:
See our Tokyo Hotels page for hand-picked recommendations of Tokyo hotels to suit all budgets and tastes. For a quick overview of the best areas to stay in Tokyo, see our Where To Stay In Tokyo page.
Where Is This Place Located?See this place on the Truly Tokyo Google map:
- Open the Tokyo map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels / Ryokan / Guesthouses | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | GREEN: Shops | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Tokyo Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Tokyo guide
- Check Tokyo accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com – usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Tokyo
- You can buy a Japan SIM card online for collection on arrival at Tokyo Narita or Haneda airports. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare airline flight prices and timings for the best Japan flight deals.
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with a Japan Rail Pass – here's why it's worth it
- A prepaid Suica card makes travelling around Tokyo much easier - here's how
- Get essential travel insurance for Tokyo – World Nomads is well-regarded (and here's why)