Directly connected to Shibuya Station, the Shibuya Excel Hotel Tokyu is a large, popular and convenient hotel with low rates for the luxury category.
Shibuya is one of Tokyo’s best districts in which to be based, and the Shibuya Excel Hotel Tokyu takes full advantage of the location. It’s in a tower high above an extension of Shibuya Station and some rooms actually look down on the famous Shibuya Crossing. The building itself contains a large number of restaurants and shops and there’s an almost infinite number in the neighborhood nearby.
The hotel is in the luxury hotel bracket, but rooms are at the lower end of that class. It’s sort of like a very slick business hotel, and the rooms are reasonably sized for Tokyo. It may not have all the facilities of other luxury hotels in Tokyo, but the main selling point of the hotel is it’s location, which is among the best in Tokyo.
Service can be inflexible and the common areas can be crowded. But, once you get to the rooms, you’ll find them comfortable and relaxing.
Overall, the Shibuya Excel Hotel Tokyo is a decent choice for those who want a great location and rates at the lower end of the luxury bracket.
Shibuya Excel Hotel Tokyu
Shibuya Mark City Building, 1-12-2 Dogenzaka, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo, 150-0043
〒150-0043 東京都渋谷区道玄坂1-12-2 渋谷マークシティ内
wifi and LAN cable access
Train: Directly connected to the Tamagawa exit of Shibuya Station.
Where Is This Place Located?See this place on the Truly Tokyo Google map:
- Open the Tokyo map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels / Ryokan / Guesthouses | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | GREEN: Shops | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Tokyo Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Tokyo guide
- Check Tokyo accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com - usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too.
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Tokyo
- You can buy a Japan SIM card online with Klook for collection on arrival at Tokyo Narita or Haneda airports. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router.
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare airline flight prices and timings for the best Japan flight deals.
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with a Japan Rail Pass - here's why it's worth it
- It's essential you have travel insurance for Tokyo - we recommend World Nomads