Within easy walking distance of Shinagawa Station, the Shinagawa Prince Hotel is a large business hotel that offers reasonable rates.
Shinagawa is a bit south of the main hotspots of Tokyo, but it’s a pretty convenient location: the shinkansen and Yamanote (loop) lines stop here, as does the Keikyu Line, which runs direct to Haneda. Because it’s a major hub, there’s plenty of shopping and dining in the area.
The hotel itself is a standard, large business hotel, with small but acceptable rooms and rates that sometimes approach the budget range (more often, the rates place it squarely in the moderate range).
The hotel is a bit dated, but if you can get a good rate here, or have a good reason to be in Shinagawa, then it’s perfectly acceptable for a couple of nights.
Shingawa Prince Hotel
4-10-30 Takanawa, Minato-ku, Tokyo, 108-8611
Budget to Moderate
wifi and LAN cable access
Train: 2-minute walk from the Takanawa exit of Shinagawa Station on the JR Yamanote line, and Keikyu Main line.
Near To Here:
Shingawa Prince Hotel is located in Tokyo's Shimbashi, Shiodome, Hamamatsucho and Shinagawa district. See our complete list of things to do in Tokyo's Shimbashi, Shiodome, Hamamatsucho and Shinagawa district, including places to eat, nightlife and places to stay.
Where Is This Place Located?See this place on the Truly Tokyo Google map:
- Open the Tokyo map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels / Ryokan / Guesthouses | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | GREEN: Shops | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Tokyo Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Tokyo guide
- Check Tokyo accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com - usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too.
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Tokyo
- You can buy a Japan SIM card online with Klook for collection on arrival at Tokyo Narita or Haneda airports. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router.
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare airline flight prices and timings for the best Japan flight deals.
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with a Japan Rail Pass - here's why it's worth it
- A prepaid Suica card makes travelling around Tokyo much easier - here's how.
- It's essential you have travel insurance for Tokyo - we recommend World Nomads