The Shinjuku Prince Hotel is a bustling and popular hotel with reasonable rates in East Shinjuku just steps from Shinjuku Station.
With rates at the lower end of the moderate range, the Shinjuku Prince Hotel gets good marks for value. It’s also extremely convenient to Shinjuku, being located just to the north of the station, across one main street. And, while technically in Kabukicho, it’s on the edge, so you don’t have to walk through any seedy areas to get there.
The rooms are pretty much standard for business hotels in Japan, meaning small but efficient, with everything you need for a short stay.
The hotel is extremely popular with East Asian visitors, which can mean that the lobby is crowded with people lugging big suitcases and talking loudly into cell phones and, occasionally, noise in the halls.
But, if you are looking for reasonable rates near to Shinjuku Station, this is a decent choice.
Shinjuku Prince Hotel
1-30-1 Kabuki-cho, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo, 160-8487
wifi and LAN cable access
Train: Directly connected to Seibu-Shinjuku Station on the Seibu Shinjuku line.
Subway: 2-minute walk from exit D5 of Shinjuku-nishiguchi Station on the Toei Oedo line.
Train: 2-minute walk from the east exit of Shinjuku Station.
More Tokyo Hotel Picks:
See our Tokyo Hotels page for hand-picked recommendations of Tokyo hotels to suit all budgets and tastes. For a quick overview of the best areas to stay in Tokyo, see our Where To Stay In Tokyo page.
Where Is This Place Located?See this place on the Truly Tokyo Google map:
- Open the Tokyo map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels / Ryokan / Guesthouses | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | GREEN: Shops | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Tokyo Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Tokyo guide
- Check Tokyo accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com – usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Tokyo
- You can buy a Japan SIM card online for collection on arrival at Tokyo Narita or Haneda airports. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare airline flight prices and timings for the best Japan flight deals.
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with a Japan Rail Pass – here's why it's worth it
- A prepaid Suica card makes travelling around Tokyo much easier - here's how
- Get essential travel insurance for Tokyo – World Nomads is well-regarded (and here's why)