Shio Ramen Honmarutei Yokohama is a 12-seat, counter-only restaurant. Their salt ramen is beautifully balanced. Little wonder there’s always a queue.
Shio Ramen Honmarutei Yokohama. - image © Florentyna Leow
At this 12-seater counter-only restaurant, it’s all about the salt-flavoured ramen. There’s very little you can hide when it comes to shio ramen – every element from the noodles to the grilled pork to the broth really speaks for itself. Luckily, at Honmarutei, everything sings. Their salt ramen is simple but beautifully balanced. We especially love the shungiku (chrysanthemum leaf) topping, which adds a lovely vegetal freshness you don’t normally see in ramen bowls. Little wonder there’s always a queue for their noodles! Turnover here is fast; you just slurp and go, so you won’t ever wait too long for the queue. Consider ordering a side of gyoza, too.
Shio Ramen Honmarutei Yokohama
塩らー麺 本丸亭 横浜元町店
1-42 Moto-machi, Naka-ku, Yokohama-shi, 231-0861
11am-3pm, 5pm-9pm (Or until the soup runs out). Closed Monday or the following Tuesday when Monday is a national holiday
Train: 4-minute walk from exit 5 of Motomachi-Chukagai Station on the Minatomirai line.
:: Read customer reviews of of Shio Ramen Honmarutei Yokohama on TripAdvisor.
More Yokohama Restaurant Recommendations:
See all the restaurants we recommend on our Places to Eat in Yokohama page.
Yokohama Restaurants Reservation Service:
You can reserve tables hassle-free at Yokohama restaurants with Voyagin's Yokohama Restaurant Reservation service.
Yokohama Travel Guide:
- Yokohama Travel Guide Overview
- Things To Do In Yokohama
- Places To Eat In Yokohama
- Yokohama Itineraries
- Yokohama With Kids
- Yokohama Cherry Blossoms
- Yokohama Fall Foliage
- Yokohama Districts
- Yokohama Ryokan
- Yokohama Hotels
- Yokohama Map
- How To Get To Yokohama
- Getting Around Yokohama
- Best Time To Go To Yokohama
Tokyo Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Tokyo guide
- Check Tokyo accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com – usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Tokyo
- You can buy a Japan SIM card online with Klook for collection on arrival at Tokyo Narita or Haneda airports. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare airline flight prices and timings for the best Japan flight deals.
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with a Japan Rail Pass – here's why it's worth it
- A prepaid Suica card makes travelling around Tokyo much easier - here's how
- Get esssential travel insurance for Tokyo – World Nomads is well-regarded (and here's why)