If you’re looking for a simple and cheap room within walking distance of Tokyo Station, then give the Smile Hotel Nihombashi Mitsukoshimae a try.
If location and rock-bottom prices are your chief criteria, you might like this Smile Hotel. It’s in Nihombashi, which is about 15 minutes walk from Tokyo Station. The hotel is a very simple and plain business hotel. The rooms are small but adequate and it’s a decent place if you’re just looking for a place to lay your head near the station.
There’s a coin laundry and a breakfast buffet, both of which are useful for travelers.
So, if you want to save some money and still be near Tokyo Station, give the Smile a go.
Smile Hotel Nihonbashi Mitsukoshimae
1-4-14 Nihonbashi Hon-cho, Chuo-ku, Tokyo, 103-0023
wifi and LAN cable access
Subway: 2-minute walk from exit A4 of Mitsukoshimae Station on the Tokyo Metro Ginza and Hanzomon lines.
Where Is This Place Located?See this place on the Truly Tokyo Google map:
- Open the Tokyo map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels / Ryokan / Guesthouses | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | GREEN: Shops | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Tokyo Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Tokyo guide
- Check Tokyo accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com - usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too.
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Tokyo
- You can buy a Japan SIM card online with Klook for collection on arrival at Tokyo Narita or Haneda airports. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router.
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare airline flight prices and timings for the best Japan flight deals.
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with a Japan Rail Pass - here's why it's worth it
- It's essential you have travel insurance for Tokyo - we recommend World Nomads