The Sotetsu Fresa Inn Hamamatsucho Daimon is a decent business hotel with some of the cheapest rates for hotels in this class in Tokyo.
This inn, with one helluva long name, is located at the north end of Hamamatsucho. This is a pretty good area in which to be based, since you’re near JR Hamamatsucho Station, which is three stops south of Tokyo Station. It’s also near the Tokyo Monorail, which serves Haneda Airport, as well as Daimon subway station. It’s popular as an after-work entertainment district, so there are plenty of restaurants around.
It’s a small business hotel with rooms that are typically small, which is standard at business hotels in Japan. There’s nothing special about the rooms, but they’re perfectly adequate for a few nights in Tokyo, especially if you’re only using the place for sleeping. There’s also a convenient restaurant in the hotel where you can sample a Japanese-style breakfast to power you through the day.
Given the rock-bottom rates and relatively convenient, this is a great choice in the budget hotel bracket.
Sotetsu Fresa Inn Hamamatsucho-Daimon
1-2-7 Shiba-daimon, Minato-ku, Tokyo, 105-0012
wifi and LAN cable access
Subway: 4-minute walk from exit A5 of Daimon Station on the Toei Asakusa and Oedo lines.
Subway: 4-minute walk from exit A3 of Onarimon Station on the Toei Mita line.
Train: 8-minute walk from the north exit of Hamamatsucho Station on the JR Yamanote line, and Tokyo Monorail Haneda Airport line.
Near To Here:
Sotetsu Fresa Inn Hamamatsucho-Daimon is located in Tokyo's Shimbashi, Shiodome, Hamamatsucho and Shinagawa district. See our complete list of things to do in Tokyo's Shimbashi, Shiodome, Hamamatsucho and Shinagawa district, including places to eat, nightlife and places to stay.
Where Is This Place Located?See this place on the Truly Tokyo Google map:
- Open the Tokyo map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels / Ryokan / Guesthouses | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | GREEN: Shops | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Tokyo Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Tokyo guide
- Check Tokyo accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com – usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Tokyo
- You can buy a Japan SIM card online for collection on arrival at Tokyo Narita or Haneda airports. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare airline flight prices and timings for the best Japan flight deals. Check my guides to arriving at Narita Airport and at Haneda Airport.
- If you're visiting more than one city, you might save money with a Japan Rail Pass – see if it's worth it for you
- A prepaid Suica card makes travelling around Tokyo much easier - here's how
- World Nomads offers simple and flexible travel insurance. Buy at home or while traveling and claim online from anywhere in the world