Sound Museum Vision in Shibuya is a solid choice for a fabulous night out at the club. Don’t forget your ID.
Sound Museum Vision - image © Florentyna Leow
Visitors to Shibuya are spoilt for choice when it comes to live music and DJs in the area. If you’re not tied to a particular genre, Vision is a good option for a night out of dancing, with local DJs spinning up tunes across genres like hip-hop, electro, disco, funk, house, and techno. It’s a short 10-minute walk away from JR Shibuya Station.
Space-wise, Vision is sleek and modern, with four differently-themed rooms. It’s also labyrinthine, with hallways that snake through the building, each room filled with throngs of partygoers dancing the night away. The sound system is great and the atmosphere full of energy. There are enough bars that you won’t have to wait long for a drink or ten. As with most clubs here, there’ll be an ID check and a cover charge at the door, so don’t forget your wallet.
Visitors to Tokyo around the New Year period should take note: even if many small shops and restaurants might not be operating around this time, Sound Museum Vision will most certainly be holding its legendary New Year bash. It’ll be a blast.
Sound Museum Vision
サウンド ミュージアム ビジョン
B1 Shintaiso bldg., 2-10-7 Dogenzaka, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo, 150-0043
〒150-0043 東京都渋谷区道玄坂2-10-7 新大宗ビルB1
Varies by event
Varies by event
Train: 5-minute walk from Hachiko exit of Shibuya Station.
Official website (English)
Where Are These Places Located?See these places on the Truly Tokyo Google map:
- Open the Tokyo map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels / Ryokan / Guesthouses | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | GREEN: Shops | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Tokyo Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Tokyo guide
- Check Tokyo accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com - usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too.
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Tokyo
- You can buy a Japan SIM card online with Klook for collection on arrival at Tokyo Narita or Haneda airports. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router.
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare airline flight prices and timings for the best Japan flight deals.
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with a Japan Rail Pass - here's why it's worth it
- It's essential you have travel insurance for Tokyo - we recommend World Nomads