A very short walk from Ueno Station, the Sutton Place Hotel Ueno is a good value business hotel in the budget category.
Just steps from JR Ueno Station, this hotel is a standard business hotel with small but decent rooms and rates that place it firmly in the budget category. It was renovated fairly recently and rooms are in good shape. They’re small, but what can you expect in this price bracket?
There’s a small breakfast buffet, but you have to eat in your room.
Otherwise, there’s not much to distinguish this place. It’s a decent business hotel in a good location in Ueno.
Sutton Place Hotel Ueno
7-8-23 Ueno, Taito-ku, Tokyo, 110-0005
wifi and LAN cable access
Train: 1-minute walk from the Iriya exit of Ueno Station.
Where Is This Place Located?See this place on the Truly Tokyo Google map:
- Open the Tokyo map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels / Ryokan / Guesthouses | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | GREEN: Shops | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Tokyo Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Tokyo guide
- Check Tokyo accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com - usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too.
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Tokyo
- You can buy a Japan SIM card online with Klook for collection on arrival at Tokyo Narita or Haneda airports. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router.
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare airline flight prices and timings for the best Japan flight deals.
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with a Japan Rail Pass - here's why it's worth it
- It's essential you have travel insurance for Tokyo - we recommend World Nomads