The elegant Swan Lake Pub Edo in Yaesu serves up some brilliant craft beers and has great food - though the drinks are a little pricey, even for Tokyo. If you’re looking for an upscale craft beer experience, however, this is the perfect place for you.
Swan Lake Pub Edo - image © Florentyna Leow
Not many craft beer bars in Tokyo are staffed by waitstaff who wear gloves while pouring out pints of beer. But Swan Lake Pub Edo is one of them.
Niigata-based Swan Lake is one of Japan’s most eminent microbreweries, and this pub is their Yaesu outpost. They have a few other outlets around Tokyo, including one near Tamachi Station.
Unsurprisingly, their 32 taps are primarily Swan Lake brews, but you’ll find plenty of other excellent Japanese craft beers on tap - albeit at premium prices, perhaps to encourage Swan Lake consumption. They also have a gorgeous barley wine that’s exclusively available here. It’s worth trying.
Craft beer bar food can be hit or miss, but it’s mostly on the mark here. Most menu items are Niigata prefecture favorites, or inspired by the area. Think smoked food (pairs beautifully with the beer) and beef stewed in their house porter.
The best part: happy hour here on weekdays runs from 1pm to 6pm, which means some very leisurely 5 hours of bringing yourself joy with a beer or several.
For more Tokyo craft beer choices, see our Best Tokyo Craft Beer Pubs page.
Swanlake Pub Edo
スワンレイク パブ エド
1F Yaesu Gonogo bldg., 2-6-5 Yaesu, Chuo-ku, Tokyo, 104-0028
〒104-0028 東京都中央区八重洲2-6-5 八重洲五の五ビル1F
Saturday and national holidays: 1pm-11pm
Closed Sunday, and Monday of a national holiday
Cover charge Y300 (6pm- Monday-Friday, 1pm- Saturday and national holiday)
Subway: 2-minute walk from exit 7 of Kyobashi Station on the Tokyo Metro Ginza line.
Train: 5-minute walk from Yaesu South exit of Tokyo Station.
Official website (Japanese Facebook)
Near To Here:
Swanlake Pub Edo is located in Tokyo's Tokyo Station and Marunouchi district. See our complete list of things to do in Tokyo Station and Marunouchi, including places to eat, nightlife and places to stay.
Where Is This Place Located?See this place on the Truly Tokyo Google map:
- Open the Tokyo map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels / Ryokan / Guesthouses | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | GREEN: Shops | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Tokyo Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Tokyo guide
- Check Tokyo accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com – usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Tokyo
- You can buy a Japan SIM card online for collection on arrival at Tokyo Narita or Haneda airports. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare airline flight prices and timings for the best Japan flight deals. Check my guides to arriving at Narita Airport and at Haneda Airport.
- If you're visiting more than one city, you might save money with a Japan Rail Pass – see if it's worth it for you
- A prepaid Suica card makes travelling around Tokyo much easier - here's how
- World Nomads offers simple and flexible travel insurance. Buy at home or while traveling and claim online from anywhere in the world