The Gate Hotel Tokyo is a smart new hotel with a super-convenient location within easy walking distance of Tokyo Station, Yurakucho and Ginza. Rooms are spacious, the restaurants are smart and the service is excellent.
Gate Hotel Tokyo room - image © The Gate Hotel Tokyo
The Gate Hotel Tokyo stands high above Ginza and Yurakucho, with an almost endless array of excellent restaurants and shops just steps away. Despite being in a busy part of the city, once you arrive in the stylish lobby, you’ll feel worlds away from the hustle and bustle.
Gate Hotel Tokyo restaurant - image © The Gate Hotel Tokyo
The rooms are on the large side for Japan, particularly in this moderate price range. Bathrooms, in particular, are spacious and well laid out. You’ll definitely enjoy coming back to this chic refuge in the evening.
Gate Hotel Tokyo lobby terrace - image © The Gate Hotel Tokyo
The restaurant, lobby and bar are all well designed and comfortable, making these areas great for business and social meetings.
Gate Hotel Tokyo exterior - image © The Gate Hotel Tokyo
All in all, we recommend this hotel for those looking for a convenient location at a competitive price.
The Gate Hotel Tokyo
2-2-3 Yuraku-cho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, 100-0006
Subway: 1-minute walk from exit C1 of Ginza Station on the Tokyo Metro Marunouchi, Hibiya and Ginza lines.
Subway: 1-minute walk from exit A1 of Hibiya Station on the Tokyo Metro Hibiya and Chiyoda lines, and Toei Mita line.
Train: 3-minute walk from the Ginza exit of Yurakucho Station on the JR Yamanote line.
More Tokyo Hotel Picks:
See our Tokyo Hotels page for hand-picked recommendations of Tokyo hotels to suit all budgets and tastes. For a quick overview of the best areas to stay in Tokyo, see our Where To Stay In Tokyo page.
Where Is This Place Located?See this place on the Truly Tokyo Google map:
- Open the Tokyo map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels / Ryokan / Guesthouses | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | GREEN: Shops | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Tokyo Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Tokyo guide
- Check Tokyo accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com – usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Tokyo
- You can buy a Japan SIM card online for collection on arrival at Tokyo Narita or Haneda airports. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare airline flight prices and timings for the best Japan flight deals.
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with a Japan Rail Pass – here's why it's worth it
- A prepaid Suica card makes travelling around Tokyo much easier - here's how
- World Nomads offers simple and flexible travel insurance. Buy at home or while traveling and claim online from anywhere in the world