Located in Shiba-koen Park, very close to Tokyo Tower, the Tokyo Prince Hotel is a large old-style Japanese hotel which is a decent deal.
Shiba-koen Park is the park where Tokyo Tower is located. It’s just west of Hamamatsucho, which is a relatively convenient part of Tokyo. The hotel is within easy walking distance of Onarimon subway station, which is on the Toei Mita subway line.
The hotel is getting a bit long in the tooth, but it’s still pretty comfortable. There’s a pool but even hotel guests must pay to use it. There’s an on-site restaurant and convenience store, but not many restaurants in the neighborhood nearby, so most of your meals are going to involve some travel.
Overall, this is only a good choice if you have a good reason to stay in this part of town or if you get a good deal online.
Tokyo Prince Hotel
3-3-1 Shiba-koen, Minato-ku, Tokyo, 105-8560,
Subway: 1-minute walk from exit A1 of Onarimon Station on the Toei Mita line.
Train: 10-minute walk from the north exit of Hamamatsucho Station on the JR Yamanote line, and Tokyo Monorail Haneda Airport line.
Near To Here:
Tokyo Prince Hotel is located in Tokyo's Shimbashi, Shiodome, Hamamatsucho and Shinagawa district. See our complete list of things to do in Tokyo's Shimbashi, Shiodome, Hamamatsucho and Shinagawa district, including places to eat, nightlife and places to stay.
More Tokyo Hotel Picks:
See our Tokyo Hotels page for hand-picked recommendations of Tokyo hotels to suit all budgets and tastes. For a quick overview of the best areas to stay in Tokyo, see our Where To Stay In Tokyo page.
Where Is This Place Located?See this place on the Truly Tokyo Google map:
- Open the Tokyo map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels / Ryokan / Guesthouses | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | GREEN: Shops | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Tokyo Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Tokyo guide
- Check Tokyo accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com – usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Tokyo
- You can buy a Japan SIM card online for collection on arrival at Tokyo Narita or Haneda airports. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare airline flight prices and timings for the best Japan flight deals. Check my guides to arriving at Narita Airport and at Haneda Airport.
- If you're visiting more than one city, you might save money with a Japan Rail Pass – see if it's worth it for you
- A prepaid Suica card makes travelling around Tokyo much easier - here's how
- World Nomads offers simple and flexible travel insurance. Buy at home or while traveling and claim online from anywhere in the world