The Tokyo Station Hotel is located directly above Tokyo Station (it’s actually part of the building). It’s an elegant, comfortable and well-run hotel that is a great choice with rates lower than some other luxury hotels in Tokyo.
The Tokyo Station hotel is something different: a European-style hotel sitting directly above Tokyo’s main train station. Located in a building that has been designated an Important Cultural Property of Japan, the hotel is a major change from the usual luxury hotel towers in Japan.
Rooms here and comfortable and well laid out, with high ceilings. Some have really unique shapes (ie, the rooms located in the domes of the building). The rooms have everything you need and are thoroughly relaxing. There are three good restaurants, two bars, a spa and a gym on site.
The staff here try really hard to please and they do a very good job of it.
The hotel is very close to the Imperial Palace, Ginza and Nihombashi. And, the shinkansen and the Yamanote (Tokyo Loop Line) are just steps away (but, the rooms are very quiet due to excellent soundproofing).
The rates here are much lower than at other luxury hotels in Tokyo. Thus, this hotel is a great choice in this price bracket.
The Tokyo Station Hotel
1-9-1 Marunouchi, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, 100-0005
wifi and LAN cable access
Directly connected to Marunouchi south exit of Tokyo Station.
Near To Here:
The Tokyo Station Hotel is located in Tokyo's Toyko Station and Marunouchi area. See our complete list of things to do in Tokyo's Toyko Station and Marunouchi area, including places to eat, nightlife and places to stay.
More Tokyo Hotel Picks:
See our Tokyo Hotels page for hand-picked recommendations of Tokyo hotels to suit all budgets and tastes. For a quick overview of the best areas to stay in Tokyo, see our Where To Stay In Tokyo page.
Where Is This Place Located?See this place on the Truly Tokyo Google map:
- Open the Tokyo map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels / Ryokan / Guesthouses | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | GREEN: Shops | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Tokyo Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Tokyo guide
- Check Tokyo accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com – usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Tokyo
- You can buy a Japan SIM card online for collection on arrival at Tokyo Narita or Haneda airports. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare airline flight prices and timings for the best Japan flight deals. Check my guides to arriving at Narita Airport and at Haneda Airport.
- If you're visiting more than one city, you might save money with a Japan Rail Pass – see if it's worth it for you
- A prepaid Suica card makes travelling around Tokyo much easier - here's how
- World Nomads offers simple and flexible travel insurance. Buy at home or while traveling and claim online from anywhere in the world