The Tokyu Stay Shibuya is a great little apartment-style hotel a bit of a walk from Shibuya Station. The rates are very reasonable and it’s a great value.
If you don’t mind staying a bit of a walk up the hill from Shibuya Station (about 15 minutes on foot), this apartment-style hotel is a good choice. The rooms contain a small kitchenette and a washing machine, which is incredibly convenient if you’ve been on the road a while.
Otherwise, the rooms are pretty standard for business hotels in this price range.
The hotel is in a mostly residential area and there’s a supermarket close by, which, combined with the kitchenette, can save you a lot of money.
It’s the ideal choice for someone who has to be in town for a few days on business and wants to save some money.
Tokyu Stay Shibuya
8-14 Shinsen-cho, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo, 150-0045
wifi and LAN cable access
Train: 3-minute walk from the south exit of Shinsen Station on the Keio Inokashira line.
Train: 10-minute walk from the west exit of Shibuya Station.
More Tokyo Hotel Picks:
See our Tokyo Hotels page for hand-picked recommendations of Tokyo hotels to suit all budgets and tastes. For a quick overview of the best areas to stay in Tokyo, see our Where To Stay In Tokyo page.
Where Is This Place Located?See this place on the Truly Tokyo Google map:
- Open the Tokyo map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels / Ryokan / Guesthouses | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | GREEN: Shops | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Tokyo Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Tokyo guide
- Check Tokyo accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com – usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Tokyo
- You can buy a Japan SIM card online for collection on arrival at Tokyo Narita or Haneda airports. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare airline flight prices and timings for the best Japan flight deals.
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with a Japan Rail Pass – here's why it's worth it
- A prepaid Suica card makes travelling around Tokyo much easier - here's how
- Get essential travel insurance for Tokyo – World Nomads is well-regarded (and here's why)