The Tokyu Stay Shibuya is a great little apartment-style hotel a bit of a walk from Shibuya Station. The rates are very reasonable and it’s a great value.
If you don’t mind staying a bit of a walk up the hill from Shibuya Station (about 15 minutes on foot), this apartment-style hotel is a good choice. The rooms contain a small kitchenette and a washing machine, which is incredibly convenient if you’ve been on the road a while.
Otherwise, the rooms are pretty standard for business hotels in this price range.
The hotel is in a mostly residential area and there’s a supermarket close by, which, combined with the kitchenette, can save you a lot of money.
It’s the ideal choice for someone who has to be in town for a few days on business and wants to save some money.
Tokyu Stay Shibuya
8-14 Shinsen-cho, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo, 150-0045
wifi and LAN cable access
Train: 3-minute walk from the south exit of Shinsen Station on the Keio Inokashira line.
Train: 10-minute walk from the west exit of Shibuya Station.
More Tokyo Hotel Picks:
See our Tokyo Hotels page for hand-picked recommendations of Tokyo hotels to suit all budgets and tastes. For a quick overview of the best areas to stay in Tokyo, see our Where To Stay In Tokyo page.
Tokyo Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Tokyo guide
- Check Tokyo accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com – usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Tokyo
- You can buy a Japan SIM card online with Klook for collection on arrival at Tokyo Narita or Haneda airports. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare airline flight prices and timings for the best Japan flight deals.
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with a Japan Rail Pass – here's why it's worth it
- A prepaid Suica card makes travelling around Tokyo much easier - here's how
- Get esssential travel insurance for Tokyo – World Nomads is well-regarded (and here's why)