Just steps from Tsukiji Fish Market, the Tokyu Stay Tsukiji is a great value for those who don’t mind being a little away from the rest of Tokyo.
Formerly the Tokyu Stay Higashi-Ginza, the Tokyu Stay Tsukiji is an efficient little business hotel located right alongside the famous fish market (the hotel celebrates this fact with a huge purple fish painting on the building).
If you want to wake up early to register for the tuna auction and don’t want to pay a taxi to get you to the market, this would be a good place to stay. Of course, Tsukiji is not the most convenient location in Tokyo, but the hotel is very close to a subway station, so you’re not really that far from the rest of the city. And, you could walk into Ginza if the weather is nice and you want a bit of exercise.
The room rates here hover on the border of budget and moderate, and they’re usually very low compared to other business hotels in more central locations. There’s a coin laundry, which is very handy for travelers.
So, if you’re on a limited budget and don’t mind being away from the rest of the city, give the Tokyu Stay Tsukiji a try.
Tokyu Stay Tsukiji
4-11-5 Tsukiji, Chuo-ku, Tokyo, 104-0045
:: Check availability and pricing for Tokyu Stay Tsukiji on Booking.com or Agoda.com.
wifi and LAN cable access
Subway: 4-minute walk from exit 1 of Tsukiji Station on the Tokyo Metro Hibiya line.
Subway: 4-minute walk from exit A1 of Tsukijishijo Station on the Toei Oedo line.
More Tokyo Hotel Picks:
See our Tokyo Hotels page for hand-picked recommendations of Tokyo hotels to suit all budgets and tastes. For a quick overview of the best areas to stay in Tokyo, see our Where To Stay In Tokyo page.
Where Is This Place Located?See this place on the Truly Tokyo Google map:
- Open the Tokyo map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels / Ryokan / Guesthouses | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | GREEN: Shops | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Tokyo Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Tokyo guide
- Check Tokyo accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com – usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Tokyo
- You can buy a Japan SIM card online for collection on arrival at Tokyo Narita or Haneda airports. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare airline flight prices and timings for the best Japan flight deals.
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with a Japan Rail Pass – here's why it's worth it
- A prepaid Suica card makes travelling around Tokyo much easier - here's how
- World Nomads offers simple and flexible travel insurance. Buy at home or while traveling and claim online from anywhere in the world