The Toyoko Inn Asakusa Kuramae Kaminarimon is a super-cheap and decent business hotel about 10 minutes’ walk south of Asakusa subway station.
If you’re just looking for a place to lay your head, this branch of the famous Toyoko Inn will probably do the trick. As with other branches, it’s a decent business hotel with some interesting features like a free and healthy Japanese breakfast, free domestic phone calls in Japan, loaner computers at the front desk etc.
Rooms are small but have everything you need. Ditto for the bathrooms.
The real selling point here is the price, which is among the cheapest of any proper hotel in Asakusa.
So, if you don’t mind a short walk to the subway station, then give this spot a try.
Toyoko Inn Tokyo Asakusa Kuramae Kaminarimon
1-3-13 Komagata, Taito-ku, Tokyo, 111-0043
:: Check availability and pricing for the Toyoko Inn Asakusa Kuramae Kaminarimon on Agoda.com.
wifi and LAN cable access
Subway: 3-minute walk from exit A6 of Kuramae Station on the Toei Oedo line.
Subway: 4-minute walk from exit A4 of Kuramae Station on the Toei Asakusa line.
Near To Here:
Toyoko Inn Tokyo Asakusa Kuramae Kaminarimon is located in Tokyo's Asakusa, Ryogoku and Skytree district. See our complete list of things to do in Tokyo's Asakusa, Ryogoku and Skytree district, including places to eat, nightlife and places to stay.
More Tokyo Hotel Picks:
See our Tokyo Hotels page for hand-picked recommendations of Tokyo hotels to suit all budgets and tastes. For a quick overview of the best areas to stay in Tokyo, see our Where To Stay In Tokyo page.
Where Is This Place Located?See this place on the Truly Tokyo Google map:
- Open the Tokyo map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels / Ryokan / Guesthouses | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | GREEN: Shops | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Tokyo Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Tokyo guide
- Check Tokyo accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com – usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Tokyo
- You can buy a Japan SIM card online for collection on arrival at Tokyo Narita or Haneda airports. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare airline flight prices and timings for the best Japan flight deals.
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with a Japan Rail Pass – here's why it's worth it
- A prepaid Suica card makes travelling around Tokyo much easier - here's how
- World Nomads offers simple and flexible travel insurance. Buy at home or while traveling and claim online from anywhere in the world