Located in Kabukicho (Tokyo’s red-light district), the Toyoko Inn Tokyo Shinjuku Kabuki-cho is a simple business hotel that offers basic rooms for reasonable rates.
The Toyoko Kabuki-cho is a bit of a walk away from Shinjuku Station, on the far side of Kabukicho, which is a bit seedy and not a great place for families. It’s a typical iteration of the Toyoko Inn, which offers simple and small rooms with a free breakfast for very reasonable prices.
The catch is that the staff can be very inflexible, particularly about check-in times (4pm or later is the rule). But, if you can work with their system, it’s a pretty good value. Just keep in mind that there are a few other options in this price range in Shinjuku.
Toyoko Inn Tokyo Shinjuku Kabukicho
2-20-15 Kabuki-cho, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo, 160-0021
Budget to Moderate
wifi and LAN cable access
Subway: 5-minute walk from exit A1 of Higashi-shinjuku Station on the Toei Oedo line, and Tokyo Metro Fukutoshin line.
Train: 10-minute walk from Shinjuku Station, east exit
More Tokyo Hotel Picks:
See our Tokyo Hotels page for hand-picked recommendations of Tokyo hotels to suit all budgets and tastes. For a quick overview of the best areas to stay in Tokyo, see our Where To Stay In Tokyo page.
Where Is This Place Located?See this place on the Truly Tokyo Google map:
- Open the Tokyo map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels / Ryokan / Guesthouses | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | GREEN: Shops | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Tokyo Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Tokyo guide
- Check Tokyo accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com - usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too.
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Tokyo
- You can buy a Japan SIM card online with Klook for collection on arrival at Tokyo Narita or Haneda airports. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router.
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare airline flight prices and timings for the best Japan flight deals.
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with a Japan Rail Pass - here's why it's worth it
- A prepaid Suica card makes travelling around Tokyo much easier - here's how.
- It's essential you have travel insurance for Tokyo - we recommend World Nomads