Located in Kabukicho (Tokyo’s red-light district), the Toyoko Inn Tokyo Shinjuku Kabuki-cho is a simple business hotel that offers basic rooms for reasonable rates.
The Toyoko Kabuki-cho is a bit of a walk away from Shinjuku Station, on the far side of Kabukicho, which is a bit seedy and not a great place for families. It’s a typical iteration of the Toyoko Inn, which offers simple and small rooms with a free breakfast for very reasonable prices.
The catch is that the staff can be very inflexible, particularly about check-in times (4pm or later is the rule). But, if you can work with their system, it’s a pretty good value. Just keep in mind that there are a few other options in this price range in Shinjuku.
Toyoko Inn Tokyo Shinjuku Kabukicho
2-20-15 Kabuki-cho, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo, 160-0021
Budget to Moderate
wifi and LAN cable access
Subway: 5-minute walk from exit A1 of Higashi-shinjuku Station on the Toei Oedo line, and Tokyo Metro Fukutoshin line.
Train: 10-minute walk from Shinjuku Station, east exit
Where Is This Place Located?See this place on the Truly Tokyo Google map:
- Open the Tokyo map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels / Ryokan / Guesthouses | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | GREEN: Shops | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Tokyo Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Tokyo guide
- Check Tokyo accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com - usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too.
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Tokyo
- You can buy a Japan SIM card online with Klook for collection on arrival at Tokyo Narita or Haneda airports. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router.
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare airline flight prices and timings for the best Japan flight deals.
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with a Japan Rail Pass - here's why it's worth it
- A prepaid Suica card makes travelling around Tokyo much easier - here's how.
- It's essential you have travel insurance for Tokyo - we recommend World Nomads