Unit, an underground club located a stone’s throw from Daikanyama Station, is the area’s hottest live house to dance the night away.
Unit - image © Florentyna Leow
At first glance, the uber-chic Daikanyama doesn’t seem like an area that would play host to many subterranean spaces. But Unit - mere steps away from Daikanyama Station - is a three-level underground club where you can experience sets across all genres, whether it’s trance, dance, techno, or indie-rock.
The inside of Unit consists of three spaces - two for music, dancing, and live sets, with high ceilings and an excellent sound system. The first level is home to Unice Café Lounge, a restaurant where you can rest and lounge on the comfortable sofas before heading back to the dance floor.
The highlight at Unit, however, is really the quality of their live music offerings. International superstars like Bloc Party, New Mastersounds, and DJ Krush have all played here. Given the quality of the acts, it’s always worth checking out their schedule to see if anything catches your eye.
Za House bldg., 1-34-17 Ebisunishi, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo, 150-0021
〒150-0021 東京都渋谷区恵比寿西1-34-17 ザ・ハウスビル
Varies by event
Varies by event
Train: 2-minute walk from the main exit of Daikan-yama Station on the Tokyu Toyoko line.
Official website (Japanese and English)
Where Is This Place Located?See this place on the Truly Tokyo Google map:
- Open the Tokyo map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels / Ryokan / Guesthouses | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | GREEN: Shops | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Tokyo Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Tokyo guide
- Check Tokyo accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com – usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Tokyo
- You can buy a Japan SIM card online for collection on arrival at Tokyo Narita or Haneda airports. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare airline flight prices and timings for the best Japan flight deals.
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with a Japan Rail Pass – here's why it's worth it
- A prepaid Suica card makes travelling around Tokyo much easier - here's how
- World Nomads offers simple and flexible travel insurance. Buy at home or while traveling and claim online from anywhere in the world