If you’re looking for a sociable hostel with both private and dorm rooms in a great neighborhood, then you should consider Unplan Kagurazaka. It’s located in the fashionable and reasonably central Kagurazaka district.
Kagurazaka is an elite and fashionable district in central Tokyo. It’s not far from the Imperial Palace, Tokyo Dome etc. It’s not near the Yamanote loop line, but it’s close to subway stations and Iidabashi Station on the JR Chuo Line.
As you might expect of a hostel in a district like Kagurazaka, Unplan is a hip and modern hostel, with pleasant common areas and rooms. The main reason to stay here would be to meet other travelers (both foreign and Japanese), and to save money by staying in a dorm room. Keep in mind that the private rooms here are no cheaper than those at standard business hotels, so it’s not really a great value for private rooms. But, for lots of great restaurants, a central location and great chance to meet other travelers, Unplan is a great choice.
23-1 Tenjin-cho, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo, 162-0808
free wifi access
Subway: 3-minute walk from exit 2 of Kagurazaka Station on the Tokyo Metro Tozai line.
Official Website (English)
Near To Here:
Unplan Kagurazaka is located in Tokyo's Imperial Palace district. See our complete list of things to do in Tokyo's Imperial Palace district, including places to eat, nightlife and places to stay.
Tokyo Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Tokyo guide
- Check Tokyo accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com – usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Tokyo
- You can buy a Japan SIM card online with Klook for collection on arrival at Tokyo Narita or Haneda airports. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare airline flight prices and timings for the best Japan flight deals.
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with a Japan Rail Pass – here's why it's worth it
- A prepaid Suica card makes travelling around Tokyo much easier - here's how
- Get esssential travel insurance for Tokyo – World Nomads is well-regarded (and here's why)